Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Folks in Florida......

tfeverfred

Looks like a mean one headed your way. Please take care and heed the warnings!

Nan and I are preparing for the worse but hoping for the best, Fred.

Jim

Thanks Fred. We are in Jacksonville. Got plenty of food and water and generator. Just going to hunker down and ride it out. They are saying
we should get the worst of it late Sunday to early Monday.

You guys are having it bad at the moment. I see there is another one forming. Just be careful and stay safe.

My son and I spent the better part of eight hours making custom fit window protectors. I had already removed all patio furniture and assorted potted plants to the enclosed lanai that is protected with patio doors rated for 125 mph winds. We have absolutely no trash or other stuff in our yard that can be hurled at us. so hopefully we will weather the storm.
It is rather nice that down here in Florida we have plenty of time to prepare for a hurricane whereas up in North East Ohio, from where we moved, we were lucky to have several minutes warning of an impending tornado. I had two cousins, a mother and daughter, killed in one of those tornadoes. So I really enjoy living in Florida because the weather overall is far better than North East Ohio. IMHO Yes, I know that it is MUCH warmer but I REALLY enjoy that plus I don't have to rake or shovel the weather changes.

Jim

I'm in ft Myers, hoping we still have a house come Monday. Thanks to all well wishers!

Hope everyone down the South of the Country is safe (and DRY) trust you all come thru it all OK.
Regards,
Mike.

Just watching the path of this storm and it doesn't look good. I have a lot of retired and former military friends throughout the state. I will be keeping all of you Bucketheads and my friends in my thoughts and prayers.

George

Prayers for you Florida guys. My nephew in Indian Rocks beach bailed for Tuscaloosa.Maybe the closest hotels? 5M is allot of people moving

Stay safe. I'm praying for everyone in this country. Texas, Montana and no Florida. God keep you all safe.
I have no idea what word I was typing but the (no) before Florida should not be there. I hope everyone in these States are safe.

As of this time (11:10 PM) we still have power, the wind is blowing about 30+ mph. It looks as if the eye of IRMA will pass right over us, we are expecting winds of 95-100+ mph, I just hope the boards on the windows holds, will let you know how things turn out.
Earle

Eye passed over me at 10 pm or so. Max gusts around 110. Boatds are still on house. Now winds out south and gusty. So far so good. Shop, barn, house still standing. Just have a ton of sheet flow rain water everywhere tgat should receed tomorrow. Looking forward to seeing everything in daytime. Checked everything once eye passed over quickly with flashlight and everything seems good

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back