Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Ford Econoline spindles and axles

RPM

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Sponsor
How many of you folks are using Econoline spindles and or axles? We have been working the last few days on a disc brake kit to fit these spindles. We also now have the 3 steering arms for the spindles.

Ron, I'm running the axle/spindle out of an Econoline. I made my brackets for the GM metric calipers and rotors off of a 90 camaro. Also set it up with the steering arms behind the axle and using cross steering. Mine are rather rude and crude as the only tools I have to use are a gas axe, angle grinder and a drill press. I would like to see some pics and a few more details.

I cut off the end of the axles of 70's F 150 and econolines , saving the disc brakes spindles, king pins etc. still in my parts bin. They are a little big for a T bucket but You might be able to get a new product line for the rat rod, rat trucks that could use bigger brakes etc A new tube axle with correct king pin size and angles for these parts. .The tolal price for bone yard pickup parts is a lot less than the catalog conversions . Us cold weather guys have old pickup projects , we only have about 3 months a year of roadster weather.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back