Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Ford Engine

The Hustler

Is there a problem buying a bucket with a Ford 302 engine and Ford tranny? I see most buckets are Chevy powered. I'm bidding on one on ebay this week. I just want to be sure it'll be OK. It's a new rebuild.

The only differance is one is made by GM the other by Ford.
Good luck on your bid.

No problem at all! Small Block Fords are great hot rod engines. Here's the 302 in my 27:
DSC00247.jpg

motormounts004.jpg

Some of us just don't want a Ford with anything but a Ford motor.........to each his own.....

Mike....

A T can have any motor in it that the owner wants or needs or just plain has. Thats whats nice about hotrodding, being different is cool! I've even seen A couple of T's with diesels in them.... not my kinda thing, but I think its cool.
Back when I was a kid, the hot things were the 409's, 392 Hemi's, blown flatheads, stuff like that. It was run what ya had, or what would get you across the finish line first....Big powerful motors in the No-weight T's made for some FAST Trips down the old highways at night.
By the way, Welcome!

Both my Son and I have sbf engines in our T's, and aside from the little extra length thing, they are perfect for a light rod. They dress up nicely and can be built to perform as well as anything else on the road. I abuse mine pretty regularly, and it just keeps on ticking. :D

Don

Ford engine should be in a Ford car. 302 from an F150 PU in mine. 180K on the engine when I bought it. No machine work required on the block nor the crank. Convert to carb and new camshaft. Otherwise stock. Been run for about five hours on a test stand.

I hope to get my engine from the builder one day..if he would just finish it,,,460'ish

Attachments

• 2012-04-04_13-19-09_509.jpg
    2012-04-04_13-19-09_509.jpg
    998.9 KB · Views: 27
rodder are they on a high rise or tunnel ram ?
I looked at the 2x4 but I will eventuality put a compressor on top,,mainly for shock and aww...lol

Ford. Cause you're not going to get a view like this from a Chevy oil pan....

d131crop.jpg

I'm hoping to hear it loping in the next couple of months.

I hope to get my engine from the builder one day..if he would just finish it,,,460'ish
Yep, thats what I'm building right now. Cast block and heads, got everything I need, all sitting here in the shop. Not gonna be real trick, after all, its name is gonna be 'Nuthin' Fancy'....

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back