Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Ford spindle Questions..

LRS30 said:
Yhea sorry, Al is correct since this set up was his....I was sleeping on that question, thanks for looking out for me on the tappered hole thing I know what your saying about that.. Al what kind attachement did you use for your drag link to the steering arm? A spherical rod end and bolt? When I get my camera back I will post pics..

My whole setup was with tie-rod ends... your lower steering arms are setup for tie rod ends, so I Jerry rigged the tie rod end to Total's upper steering arm with bushings till my upper steering arm for a ford tie rod came in... seems like I'm the last guy around using tie rod ends... Anyway, use a spherical rod end and bolt with nylock or castle nut with cotter-pin...

LumenAl said:
My whole setup was with tie-rod ends... your lower steering arms are setup for tie rod ends, so I Jerry rigged the tie rod end to Total's upper steering arm with bushings till my upper steering arm for a ford tie rod came in... seems like I'm the last guy around using tie rod ends... Anyway, use a spherical rod end and bolt with nylock or castle nut with cotter-pin...
Second to last Al as i used them also

as i remember it rick, al has the ball and socket like the model A ends. i think you're right al you must have that distinction.

Ron

Yhea its a 90 Fat Boy,only like 4000 of them made.. After my last back surgery i had to sell my twin cam monster, and did'nt see another in my future till my wife bought us this one.... Thanks for all the input guys...Soon as I get the sheetmetal done on the FJ-40 Landcruiser, and recover from my shoulder surgery on the 2nd of march I will be hitting the T with a full head of steam... Oh and Rick the bike is in the mail to you, your right its just getting in the way, I hope COD on the shipping is ok, I'm sending it piece by piece, by the year 2135 you ahould have all the pieces......Ryan

I have a 1990 Fatboy too... except after 120,000 miles on the original bike, tore it down and customized it.... I have 60,000 miles on it now after the build...

Stock appearance:

Img_3454-21.jpg

Now:

003TheAlapeno.jpg

:stop: :lol: :hmmm: :lol: :lol:

Love those fenders Al, I have a heritage front rear fender for mine, when i get a chance.... I just put new bars and finished wiring it up a few weeks ago.. I just cant leave anything alone...If you get a chance check out my pics of my other bikes at MySpace.com - Ryan & Lisa - 39 - Male - BURLINGTON, Kentucky - www.myspace.com/ryanbfg yhea I know thats gay but I can keep up with all my buddies in punk bands that way....Ryan

My small engines instructor in high school used to build custom 3cylinder snowmobile 2 stroke engines from 2 2-cyl blocks...and nitro harley engines..

Ryan is the guy in the sunglasses in that pic. lol

On a side note, my instructors fastest snowmobile was 9sec in a qtr mile. Now theres a few guys in the high 7s with turbo motors.

I had an XR-750 'clone' for awhile that I built out of spare parts collected from a bunch of harley gearheads (Thanks to Mr. Spike Nolan), got dumb and sold it for the princely sum of 8grand LOL (IDIOT!)

TheAntiBoyd said:
My small engines instructor in high school used to build custom 3cylinder snowmobile 2 stroke engines from 2 2-cyl blocks...and nitro harley engines..

Ryan is the guy in the sunglasses in that pic. lol

On a side note, my instructors fastest snowmobile was 9sec in a qtr mile. Now theres a few guys in the high 7s with turbo motors.

I had an XR-750 'clone' for awhile that I built out of spare parts collected from a bunch of harley gearheads (Thanks to Mr. Spike Nolan), got dumb and sold it for the princely sum of 8grand LOL (IDIOT!)

You must have been on my myspace page to know which one is me...lol.. or you know me ... I love your clone always wanted to build one, or own a real one..... Ryan

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back