Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Found my project

raidmagic

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I am traveling to Georgia this Friday to pick up my new T-bucket project. It is an old Total Performance frame kit built years ago. It di alot of sitting before the current owner got ahold of it and he is now kind enough to be passing it on to me for a complete tear down and rebuild. Unless I get it running then I might just drive it all rusty and old looking.:)
Anyway here's a shot of it in his garage and I'll post more pics when I get it to the house.

IMG_0004.jpg

I like those seats find out what there out of.There better than my idea for seats.

Nice! You look to have a bucket that's just in need of your styling cues. Good find and keep us updated.

Oh, if you drive it too much, it will get addictive and you won't change a thing.:laff:

tfeverfred said:
Nice! You look to have a bucket that's just in need of your styling cues. Good find and keep us updated.

Oh, if you drive it too much, it will get addictive and you won't change a thing.:laff:
One thing i see is the steering column has to be cut about 8".

Rick said:
One thing i see is the steering column has to be cut about 8".
Yea the steering column is WAY to high but that's cool I like projects so this should be fun. I'll give you the info on the seats might even hook you up with them, I'm not sure I will be using them.

raidmagic said:
Yea the steering column is WAY to high but that's cool I like projects so this should be fun. I'll give you the info on the seats might even hook you up with them, I'm not sure I will be using them.
Let me know im not satisfyed with the way i was going with mine.Thanks

Am I seeing things or has the bottom of the body been cut off?

Jim

EX JUNK said:
Am I seeing things or has the bottom of the body been cut off?

Jim
Nope you are not seeing things, it has been. The owner before this one did that. I haven't decided on fixing it or getting another body. I'll probably fix it.

raidmagic said:
Nope you are not seeing things, it has been. The owner before this one did that. I haven't decided on fixing it or getting another body. I'll probably fix it.
Did you find out what his thinking was?Oh well its not real hard to fix lots of guys here to help you if you need help.Good luck.You still have a mostly comeplete car so run with it.Did you get it home yet?

Ted Brown said:
Yup, that steering for sure needs to be taken completely off, and remounted up on top of the frame, so as to get the pitman away from the ground, that could be a disaster if it hit the ground while traveling down the road....

Good eye. I was wondering about that myself. Rick I am going after it this Friday. With any luck it will be home this Sat. Evening

After 1000 miles 500 of those with this on a trailer my new toy is home safe in the garage.
Lot's of crazy stuff happened on the trip but John is a great guy and I'm glad I got to meet him. His forum name is old round fart he pmed me when I posted about wanting a project and we struck a deal.
Here are some of the trip highlights, or lowlights. The nice part was the rain quit long enough for us to get it loaded up and head home.

On the way we pulled the plug from my new trailer and drug it on the ground for miles, somewhere the tag tore off, it rained from Tifton to Temple, all night and again the next day till we got back to valdosta. We drove through a snow/sleet storm one of the batteries for the coach part of the motor home grounded on a bracket and melted, my winch broke while loading and we had to push it on the trailer we were stuck in a traffic jam that took 2 hours to go 2 miles and to top it all off Thursday night I started getting sick and spent most of Fri. sacked out on the couch in the motorhome sleeping. I still feel kinda crappy but it's good to be home.

Here it is loaded and ready head home:
Loadedandcominghome.jpg

And here are a few shots of it at home:
Itshome005.jpg

Itshome007.jpg

Itshome008.jpg

A man on a mission. Good for you, and looks like you have a good start on a fun bucket. Congrats and keep the pics coming.

Glad you made it home safely. My wife said it looks better in your shop than it did in mine! It may have something to do with the 'vette! It's been snowing like crazy here for about an hour. Good thing you came yesterday.

It sounds memorable. We hosted a high school basketball sectional playoff game last year, the lights all went off. The event organizer said everyone would remember that game.

I'll start a new thread about the rebuild I have a few things to finish up on the other projects you see in the picture there then it's full steam ahead.
John we were suprised to see snow on the way home I imagine you did get some of it.
Thanks again.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back