Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Friday Update, Last for awhile

AZCOWBO

Well Jesse and I spent yesterday polishing and mounting the headlights and mounts. I think they look pretty cool, even if I did design them myself. We then did a readjust on carbs and a digital timing set, re-adjusted the brakes, adjusted the tranny to stay in low longer. The 2.88 is just to high. I can run 65 in first gear and probably hit 220 in second (just kiddin), but seriously, I am going to change out to a 3.73. I dropped the front tire pressure to 27 lbs. and the rears to 15. It certainly made a difference in the ride. The engine temp check shows it is idling at 180 and cruising about 165, which was good, but I haven't completed an extended run as of yet.
By the time everyone stopped on their way to play golf ( I live on the golf course.), it was 10 Am and hotter than a four-pxxxxxd billy goat, but I was determind to take a spin. I drove to the post office a mile away, then down the main drag to Screamer's Drive-In, where all the local car buffs hang-out in the morning. received a standing ovation and a "It's about dam time, you finished the piece of junk". Nothing like local support, you know, ha. They then decided to take up a collection for gas next door, so I could make two miles back to the house. Very nice guys, I hang with.

After parking into the garage, I noticed my camber on the rear was tilted in about 4 degrees, and I had added a couple of shims earlier in the week. I called Jaguar for advice because when I left the house they were a perfect "0" . Jag told me it was typical of Jag. IRS to have up to 4 degrees camber, but it is certainly visible.

Overall it was an exciting and uneventful mechanic malfunction free run, but the AC didn't work for crap. Now it is on to carpet, bed-cover completion, and upholstery touch-up.

Thanks for all the support and advice.

Ron

Nothing like that first ride. Have a good time with your T you deserve it. PS I am jealous can not wait for that first spin:):welcome::):):)

George

VERY nice car i like it a lot . But hotter than a 4 pec%ered billy goat. I have heared of a 2
pec%ered tom cat. That must be a new speices. mabye in the jackalope family?????

Well....
You know....
Uh.....
THAT WOULD BE A BITCHEN RIDE EVEN WITHOUT ALL THE LJ BILLET!

Wow!!! What a car! You did a great job. Is the quail hunting still good in Wickenburg? Best I ever had. Beautiful place. Congratulations.:lol:

Quail, deer, even a herd of elk has moved in north of Alamo lake. Of course rattlesnakes are always around. Stepped on this one outside my back garage door. As you can tell we had a meeting of the minds.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back