Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Front brake covers

KPoole9008

I have a frontend from Speedway. It is part # 913-39001. I am looking for a set of covers that cover the complete back of the calipers, spindles, etc. Anyone know where I can get them?

That is a good looking setup for drum brakes, if that is what he is looking for, but sounded like he had disk brakes and wanted to hide the rotors??

Ted: Those are actually disc brake covers made to look like buick fins...

As for do-it-yourselfers, I've seen some guys use $10 aluminum fry pans and some creative cutting to make some cool disc brake covers. There is a thread on the HAMB about it here. I like the idea, and I've seen some where they've drilled some holes for cooling.

Tbrakes022.jpg

Tbrakes004.jpg

Ben, have any idea what those calipers are?, anyone else for that matter,those appear NOT big & clunky,if you'll excuse the word.

dave

Dave, those are VW type 3 calipers. They use a 3/8" solid rotor and were used in the early Super Bell brake kits.

VWtype3CaliperSuperBellHubrotor.jpg

I have an unfinished set of finned covers that I have wanted to use for shows, but I have found that it is very handy to be able to see the rotors, this will show you the color of the rotors, if the pads are dragging the rotors will get Yellow then Blue, you do not want any dragging of the pads that will heat up the rotors that hot... :)

Any idea where I can buy the Super Bell rotors? Mine measure 3/8" x 10.5". I would like them in stainless steel if possible. Thanks.

I think O'Brian truckers is making a finned aluminum cover for discs now that look like Buick drums - not sure but I think I saw them advertised recently.

The thread on the hamb is called "TECH: Easy Disc Brake Covers", I'd post a link but don't have enough posts yet.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back