Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Front caliper brackets

Gerry

Update on the weekends work.

Time to sort out the front caliper mounts. they have been 'roughed' for a while and now the back end is fully sorted (checked the toe in and it came out spot on. Pretty good as there is NO adjustment on it at all).

The calipers were bought un polished so a couple of hours work to sort them out. That finish JFZ put on them is really quite nasty to get through.

polished-and-unpoli.jpg

A couple of views of the stub axle and caliper mount

frt-caliper-mounts-(1).jpg frt-caliper-mounts-(8).jpg

here they are back on the T

frt-caliper-mounts-(5).jpg

frt-caliper-mounts-(6).jpg

frt-caliper-mounts-(7).jpg

Gerry

Update on the weekends work.

Time to sort out the front caliper mounts. they have been 'roughed' for a while and now the back end is fully sorted (checked the toe in and it came out spot on. Pretty good as there is NO adjustment on it at all).

The calipers were bought un polished so a couple of hours work to sort them out. That finish JFZ put on them is really quite nasty to get through.

[attachment=4017:polished-and-unpoli.jpg]

A couple of views of the stub axle and caliper mount

[attachment=4018:frt-caliper-mounts-(1).jpg] [attachment=4016:frt-caliper-mounts-(8).jpg]

here they are back on the T

[attachment=4013:frt-caliper-mounts-(5).jpg]

[attachment=4014:frt-caliper-mounts-(6).jpg]

[attachment=4015:frt-caliper-mounts-(7).jpg]

Gerry
Do you have a web sight link for those JFZ calipers?

Do you have a web sight link for those JFZ calipers?

Hi
Funny thing is I tried to get in touch with JFZ yesterday about my rear calipers and it appears they are no longer around. Wilwood say they used to make caliper for JFZ. Sorry but these babys were bought over 15 years agao so I have no idea where you would get them now.
Gerry

Nice work as usual Gerry.

Tell me about the control arm bushing fastener. Verrrrry interesting!!!!

Ron

Nice work as usual Gerry.

Tell me about the control arm bushing fastener. Verrrrry interesting!!!!

Ron

Have you got a few hours? We started with the idea of having NO nuts bolts or fixings on view and went with a turned pin with a tapered head. If you look carefully you can just make out some very small holes in the outer diameter of the head. This is where it gets a bit weird. We turned up a 'wrench' (read here a cup thats a sliding fit over the head of the pin) that would fit over the head of the pins exactly. Once this was turned I put it on a dividing head and drilled six holes through the wall so they all pointed to the centre of the recess. Then I tapped them 3mm and put a grub screw in each.
The idea was to put the 'wrench' over the head of the pin, screw each grub screw in to located into the holes in the outside of the pin and tighten the whole thing up. great idea and soooo very smooth but not so good to get a big enough force on the pins to tighten it up.. or at least not enough for me to want to drive it on the road with this set up.
So if I ma not going with this way what am I going to replace them with.
You will have to wait and see but I hope they will be trick.

Now did you get that or is my explanation just confusing???
gerry

Are the calipers on the wrong side of the axle? The bleeders are on the bottom??

Gerry, I got the explaination. I was thinking maybe the pin was keyed and the holes were for a spanner of some sort.

Ron

Looks like they are made to go to either side as the bleeder will go up or down... I could be wrong... :)
I see the same thing, move the bleeder to the top and line to the bottom....ruggs

Looks like they are made to go to either side as the bleeder will go up or down... I could be wrong... :)

Ted
you got that right. just a case of moving it to the top hole.
Gerry

Gerry, I got the explaination. I was thinking maybe the pin was keyed and the holes were for a spanner of some sort.

Ron

No key on the pins. It runs in am sperical bearing and has a copy tapered head at the other end that screws into the pin on a 6mm thread. Put the pin in, screw the other head on and Bingo. All with Loctite
Gerry

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back