Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Front Spring Teflon Liner

If you are going with the teflon buttons, have the holes punched in the leaves. Drilling will discolor the chrome. Any shop with an Iron Worker will be able to do this for you. Tell them to use plenty of oil so as not to damage the chrome. When installing the button, use WD-40. Not only dose the button slide in easier but it will help to keep the hole from rusting.

Here's a tip from the old time T racers. They would run a needle bearing from a u-joint about 1" up from the ends of the leaf. I have tried this and it works. You need to run a pretty good shock with this.

Ron

Ron, I like the needle bearing idea a lot. What keeps it there? Just the constant pressure? Punching the leaf with the chrome already there will break the chrome and it will rust...

Thanks,

I put a dab of grease on them to hold them in place while I assemble.After that they can only roll so far when the spring compresses and back when it decompresses.

Ron

I put a dab of grease on them to hold them in place while I assemble.After that they can only roll so far when the spring compresses and back when it decompresses.

Ron
Got it. Thanks...

It accually dosen't move that far, maybe half a revalution. That dab of grease helps too.

Ron

You'll need some good shocks with the needle bearings. A friend did this trick to his T flatbed truck and you could gently push on the radiator shell and bounce the front end like a basketball before he added shocks.

You'll need some good shocks with the needle bearings. A friend did this trick to his T flatbed truck and you could gently push on the radiator shell and bounce the front end like a basketball before he added shocks.

I have good shocks, but think I will live with the slipping liner for now.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back