Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Fuel tank perch at last

Did a bit more tonight. Played with the underpanel. Pic says everything

perchunderpanel.jpg
perchunderpanel1.jpg
perchunderpanel2.jpg
perchunderpanel3.jpg
I was a little worried the width would be too much compared to the diff pad, but with the tank being the width it is it seems to work

Gerry

I was a little worried the width would be too much compared to the diff pad, but with the tank being the width it is it seems to work
Gerry
Once that mount is painted your eye will be drawn straight to the tank. Absolutely beautiful. It seems to me that you said a while ago that yellow was an interim color. Is that true or will it be the final product?

Jeff

Ted
All the flexible pipework will be fitted to the tank and then fed thro the perch in to the body. Then the tanks just bolts down. The hole thro the perch is big enough to make this very easy.

Jeff
The yellow is staying. The more I see it the more I like it. Once the Ts done some miles its a strip down and repaint, in the same color

Gerry

Really nice job as always. I remember I was one of the ones that voted yellow I think it makes it stand out in a crowd with all the other Gerry touches.

Gerry,

Good news on the yellow staying, that way you don't have to come up with a new name!

Great job on the perch!

I saw on some site or other an ad for the "Leg Show 'T'". (I know that you took a few ideas from that one.) Apparently it is for sale for $28k. Guess crabby old Bobby Nunes (The devil made me say that!) got tired of it or went broke or something... You could buy it and be done, but I think the Yella' Fella will actually come out better and is certainly more interesting, engineering wise.

Corley

Gerry,

Good news on the yellow staying, that way you don't have to come up with a new name!

Great job on the perch!

I saw on some site or other an ad for the "Leg Show 'T'". (I know that you took a few ideas from that one.) Apparently it is for sale for $28k. Guess crabby old Bobby Nunes (The devil made me say that!) got tired of it or went broke or something... You could buy it and be done, but I think the Yella' Fella will actually come out better and is certainly more interesting, engineering wise.

Corley
[/quote
'come out better'
don't think so heeheehee

Corley

Its been up for sale a while now. Started off at 80K plus. You know, if I had not started my own all those years ago I would have seriously considered it. Problem is I have no where to keep it with a rear end that wide.
G

More work today. Almost finished.
Pics below and at the same links as above to photobucket
perchfinishing3640x480.jpg
perchfinishing4640x480.jpg
perchfinishing5640x480.jpg
perchfinishing12640x480.jpg
perchfinishing14640x480.jpg
perchfinishing17640x480.jpg
perchfinishing18640x480.jpg
perchfinishing19640x480.jpg

Working out the way I envisaged it, so more merlot and back to the other workshop tomorrow for the final touches. All it will need then is a light dressing with a hand file to even it all up.

Gerry

Very nice I remember you where looking at shock designs but never saw the finished product really nice.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back