Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Gas Pedal placement.

Well I'm sorry but I am going to have to say "whatever feels comfortable".

Every bucket is different. Every seat is a different height and different distance from the pedals. Every shifter is different and in a different location. Your leg might or might not hit the shifter. Everybodys feet are different sizes, as are shoe style, leg length, etc.... Some owner might be 5'-6" and 140 lbs or 6'-4" and 325 lbs. You just plain cannot go by what someone else says. It is your car and it should be made to fit you mainly, as it should be. I know for a fact there ain't no way in hell Fat Pat is EVER gonna drive my bucket, much less be able to get into it.

My small 15 body I have the brake on the left side of the column and I brake with my left foot when I drive the bucket. My daily driver I brake with my right foot. In the bucket I have the gas pedal up higher because my trans tunnel is big and high in the cramped 15 body so my right heel rests on the trans tunnel at about the 10 oclock position. Ain't much I can do about it and after an hour or so I need to get out and stretch. But I usually need gas by then so that is a good excuse to get out.

I say sit in the seat and place the pedals where YOU LIKE THEM and you are fine with it. Place the shifter where it fits you the best. These things are NEVER finished and you will always be tinkering on it and redoing whatever you don't like and/or moving things around. I know I have in the last 15+ years.

You could always put the shifter on the column???

I have looked at a few aftermarket column shifters and its not that hard. A lever... a rod... another lever and a linkage with some hemi joints.If you have the time have a look at one and see how simple it is. Leaves your floor free and put the shifter where it should be on a T
Gerry

That is a thought also. I'm all finished with mockup, now I'll take some time and see how I like everything and make changes as necessary.

Here is the setup now.

Becky421001.jpg

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back