Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Gas prices

Amazing!

Never thought I'd see the day when something common is more expensive somewhere else in the States than it is here!

Prices like that might actually make me think about a small block . . . . . . Nah, you just can't beat a 632 for fun factor regardless of MPG.

I don’t think gas prices are a big factor in T Bucket world. Most of us don’t drive them enough to make a significant impact on your budget. If my daily driver was getting 4 MPG I’d worry. It would be interesting to poll us bucketeers to see how many miles we put on our bucket in a year. I might be shocked.

We were exporting oil and were energy independent a year ago.

We're around $4.75 here in the Bay Area.

In Mooresville, NC, gas just hit $3.19! Ridiculous!!

We were exporting oil and were energy independent a year ago.

We're around $4.75 here in the Bay Area.

We're now buying more oil from the Russians than from our own State of Alaska.

Here in the UK we are paying £1.44 a liter and there is about 5 liter to a gallon that's is about £7.00 a gallon ,so perhaps your petrol is not so expensive

Here in the UK we are paying £1.44 a liter and there is about 5 liter to a gallon that's is about £7.00 a gallon ,so perhaps your petrol is not so expensive

Actually slightly less than 4 liters to a US gallon, 3.7854

Still very expensive at $5.50 or so a gallon . . .

It's not just the higher prices. The real problem is why the prices have risen . . . and the politics behind it!

It's only been less than a year too. Things are gonna get a lot, lot worse.

Bastards! Last week I drove up to my place in Wisconsin. I stopped in Fondulac to fill up. $2.79/ gallon. A couple of days later I stopped there on the way back and the gas was $3.09. Big jump but it’s still cheaper than here in the Chicago suburbs. where it averages between $3.42-3.99 for unleaded. When the hell are they going to drop the .009? Does it really make a difference between 3.429 and 3.43? Maybe back in the 60’s when we were paying .299/ gallon. Not now. I know it’s all psychological! I’m done complaining!

And food.

This is what happens when you have a country full of dolts who never pay attention.

Get ready for the IRS to track every transaction you make over $600.

Or, who are swayed by popular media ideas rather than making up their own minds.

When large numbers of people, in pursuit of making up their own minds, give more credence to certified conspiracy retards on Facebook than to the consensus of well respected career research professionals, that doesn't bode well for society's future flourishing.

If someone suggested that welding enough old metal coat hangers together to make a frame for their T . . . . No one, except maybe on Facebook, would say "Ohhh what an excellent novel idea! " to something so fucking stupid. . . . There's a reason that Flat Earthers don't get to give presentations at cosmology and astro physics conferences about their newly published, peer reviewed, science journal papers . . . .

The reality is that very few folks are remotely capable of doing their own research, much less reaching a conclusion that comports with objective reality, and when they are, its only within some areas where they have some objective understanding . . . [/rant]

On the more relevant side, I paid $3.59/gal for a fillup yesterday . . . . :cry:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back