Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Gilmore Car Museum - *Pic Heavy*

benT

About 2 weeks ago, we had a week long family reunion along Lake Michigan in lower Michigan area. One of the days we ventured over to the Gilmore Car Museum which is just north of Kalamazoo. I'd heard good things about this museum and it certainly didn't disappoint. I'd put it in the top five car museums in the country. It is situated on a large beautifully manicured spread (much like a Kentucky horse farm) and has about a dozen buildings that are different in what they are displaying. The campus even has a late 20's Shell station with all the period tools and equipment along with Model T oil truck. There is also a fully restored diner that you can eat at. http://www.gilmorecarmuseum.org/
Anyhow, they had a special exhibit of notable and iconic hot rods - all of which are probably in the top 100 iconic hot rods of all time. There were several T-based rods and I thought I'd share a few pics:

Frank Mack "ImMACKulate T": This car won the first Detroit Autorama in '53.

Bouderman "Skedadler"

Not sure the history on this T:

"Futurian" by Moriarity inspired by Roth:

Finally, while this is not a 'T' based rod, this car probably single-handledly inspired more youth in the 60's to be hot rodders than any other... Chili Catallo's "Little Deuce Coupe"

This car won the first Detroit Autorama in '53. [/QUOTE said:
I like that front end with the spring in front.

Nice photos. I like the first one best, but either would work well for me. The deuce coupe never was one that I cared for much, but that is what its all about. Good thing we don't all like the same thing, or it would be boringggg.
Lee

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back