Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Glide converters. Help

Gerry

I have emailed Ron but it bounced back so here a copy.
Anyone that can help, it would be brilliant as we have drawn a blank in the UK

Ron

Tried to PM you but couldn’t find a way on the forum.

I wonder if you could possibly help me out. I have a Topolino Altered with a 351C and full race Glide in it. It has been rebuilt over the last 2 years . I had a Converter built for it by JW Racing, but some one seemed to wanted it more than me and stole it!! I do not have the funds for another JW as it was built for the car and was very expensive.

Glides are very rare over here and even though I work with buddy who owns a transmission shop, we can not find a Glide converter core anywhere. I thought you may have some kind of associate that may be able to find old cores. If so I am after 3 of them.

Our suppliers rebuild converters (even they can’t find any cores) and the manager is a friend; he can stall it to my needs. Do you have any associates that may have these. If so let me know how much each?

I can arrange shipping from the USA

I will of course cover your costs. Let me know if you can help and approx. prices for the old cores. I can pay via PayPal.

Gerry (yella fella T)

England

I never got the email. Glides are pretty much only used in race cars anymore, and most of the cores are gone. I think the racing ones are all made from scratch. I am thinking you can change the input shaft and use the turbo converters.

There is one on ebay , wont let me post link.
332065693719 is the ebay item number

Here's a Glide w/converter:
ebay.com/itm/Powerglide-Transmission-and-Converter-with-Lokar-Shifter-/162509119429?hash=item25d64c5fc5:g:34AAAOSwrhBZER7L&vxp=mtr
..or try this: ebay.com/itm/162509119429

I'm in a similar situation. I need a Glide and converter for a project, not a race car, just a mild street thing, but they are real hard to find.

Last edited:
Huh. Found these: jegs.com/i/ACC-Performance/082/34000/10002/-1?CAWELAID=230006180002770126&CAGPSPN=pla&CAAGID=44693592161&CATCI=pla-213811363271&CATARGETID=230006180039218810&cadevice=c&gclid=Cj0KEQjwgODIBRCEqfv60eq65ogBEiQA0ZC5-TXftmSwzT9Lb5oNYgsYr7zO3ictKfcicrPNEtinxrQaAqit8P8HAQ

Cheap, too. Is this what you need?

And here's the manufacturer: accperformance.com/gm-torque-converter-applications-and-pricing/

They seem to have lots to pick from.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back