Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Good business relations

fletcherson

I wanted to post an example of what I feel was good business tactics. I didn't name the company in the title because I don't want to rub anyone the wrong way, just share an experience that I found suprizing and refreshing in today's market. I ordered some door hinges for my bucket, they were advertised to work on model T. When I got them, they would have mandated a mortise of about 3/4" because the hinges do not close flat. They are apparently designed to work on a car with a gap and space between the door and fender. Ok, I made my own hinges and emailed a request to return the hinges. Long story short, I returned them at my expense, but they didn't get logged into their computer in time and I was charged a restock fee. I didn't feel right about it because I had been in contact with them and returned them in time, and between the shipping and the re stock fee, it was about half the price of the product, so I simply sent an email and told them to enjoy the restock fee and make it last, I wouldn't order anymore... Suprizingly, they immediately sent a reply with an apology and refunded the fee plus my return shipping that I was responsible to pay. That wasn't necessary, but made me feel like they do actually appreciate their customers. That was speedway. No disrespect intended to any of our sponsors. With all of the negative experiences that we deal with, I just wanted to share a good one.

So why didn't you mention the name of the company ?

Check out the third sentence from the end. He names "Speedway" but did not capitalize the "S" so maybe that's why you probably missed it.

Jim

Check out the third sentence from the end. He names "Speedway" but did not capitalize the "S" so maybe that's why you probably missed it.

Jim
Lol, you got me! I try to be grammatically correct, but it's not my strong suit. I spend most of my edit time fighting with auto correct...

Lol, you got me! I try to be grammatically correct, but it's not my strong suit. I spend most of my edit time fighting with auto correct...

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: That's funny.

Last week, between my laptop running like it was on a dial up network, my wife talking in my ear, and auto correct, I posted something that read like a second grader wrote it.

:roflmao::roflmao::roflmao::roflmao: That's funny.

Last week, between my laptop running like it was on a dial up network, my wife talking in my ear, and auto correct, I posted something that read like a second grader wrote it.
The funny thing is, most of the time, the battles I have with my advasary, spell check, are over it's annoying habit of changing my words. It seems I get done and find numerous revisions made by it. Sometimes it changes so many words that I can't make out what I was attempting to say. It does help me with an occasional mis spelling. Between that and the touch pad having a mind of its own, it's an absolute miracle that my posts aren't full of random rants filled with profanity as that's what's coming out of my mouth under my breath half the time... This thing is going to be the cause of my eternal damnation, lol.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back