Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Greetings from Indy

Hello all,
I greet you all for the racing capitol of the world, Indianapolis. I am new to the Bucket world but have had the dream ever since I got my first ride at age 16. I used to work for a company building Cobra and Aurburn kit cars when I was 19. While there, the owner had the body for a bucket, full interior package, all guages, windshield and top that he had for sale. At the time he wanted 800.00 for it all but I was young, newly married and had my first daughter on the way so it might as well been 20 grand. But I sat in that body every day while eating my PB & J sandwich and dreamed.
In life I have now become a full qualified machine tech in my early 40's and I am now ready to actually make the dream a reality. Ironiocally, I found a bucket body for sale on E-bay with full interior and windshield here in my home town and this time I can afford the dream damn it!!!!! So here I am and let the fun begin!!!!

Temporary Insani-T said:
Hello all,
I greet you all for the racing capitol of the world, Indianapolis. I am new to the Bucket world but have had the dream ever since I got my first ride at age 16. I used to work for a company building Cobra and Aurburn kit cars when I was 19. While there, the owner had the body for a bucket, full interior package, all guages, windshield and top that he had for sale. At the time he wanted 800.00 for it all but I was young, newly married and had my first daughter on the way so it might as well been 20 grand. But I sat in that body every day while eating my PB & J sandwich and dreamed.
In life I have now become a full qualified machine tech in my early 40's and I am now ready to actually make the dream a reality. Ironiocally, I found a bucket body for sale on E-bay with full interior and windshield here in my home town and this time I can afford the dream damn it!!!!! So here I am and let the fun begin!!!!

Besure to send before and as you build it pics.Oh by the way:welcome:

Welcome T

You will find this to be one of the, if not best t-bucket sites on the internet. Always nice to see another interested gentleman looking to build a car.

thomas:)

Welcome! About the only you'll find bad about a T Bucket, is that you waited too long!:D

I'm building my first one and like you, I always had the dream of doing it. Now I am and it's a blast! I kick myself for not trying earlier, but looking back, I wasn't ready and most likely I would have screwed it up.

The feeling of gratification from doing something like this is well worth the time and effort. If you have questions, just ask. If we don't know the answer, we'll sure try and steer you to the right answer. Good luck with your build and in case you have not noticed....

WE LIKE TO SEE PICS!:):lol:

Wecome to the site. I just joined here a short time ago myself. So far i really like the direction this is going.

What are your plans for your T? Are you going to buy or build the chassis? Do you have an style in mind? Any thoughts about engine?

Welcome :welcome:

Vance

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back