Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

grill shell question and pic!

tjhorse

Does anyone know what grill shell this is? I've scoured the catalogs and can't identify it. Also the lower body work is cool but I haven't found that either. It's on a 27 roadster that is sort of the dream/model/concept for my project.

Well, while I'm at it... the front end looks like model A stuff... but is it? and if so, What is it?

Thanks,
Todd
grill.jpg

looks like what butch said

car...and truck...
grille.jpg

truck.jpg

Butch27 and Track T are right. It's a '35 Ford that has been shortened and narrowed. Pretty kool.

The axel is either a Super bell or Magnum. All of the parts can be purchased from Speedway. As far as I can tell from the picture, nothing there is from a Model A.

Ron

i remember seeing a picture of that same car somewhere.. i'm looking for it... seems like they said it was a graham grille shell... i cant remember, but i would swear they said it was some rare grille shell...

blownt said:
Spirit has a grille shell similar to that I believe

Isn't theirs a laid back '34?

Speedway has what they call a mid 30's grill $150 chrome or $60 plain.

highlight the picture thats posted (right click next to it, hold button, drag mouse across picture) and it will highlight the pic in blue, just like it would text

youll notice that with the color change, addition details of the grill show up

the grill obviously wraps underneith some. could possibly be a modded ford grill, but i can sorta picture a car that came w/ one just like that stock ... i just cant remember what it was :sad:

HDWRENCH said:
I thinking Dodge / Plymouth maybe ?

Nope like , Butch, Tack and Young (sounds like a band from the '60s, but probably not quite as good though as Crosby ,Stills ,Nash & Young) said 1935 Ford (car . modified)

Dodge and Plymouth

Gentlemen, Look at post #1 and then at post #4. This is a '35 Ford passenger grill. It has been norrowed 3" to 4" and sectioned 10" or 12". In '35 there were two cars that ran at Indy sponcered by Ford with a '35 grill modified just like this one. I suspect that's where the builder of this cat got his inspiration.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back