Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Growth rate

Youngster

VIP
VIP Member
This is so so awesome!!! when I joined on Jan. 1st of this year there were only 150 or so members on the site. Look at us now! 728!!!!

:clap::dance::toast::D:hooray::yay:

:welcome:

Ron

It's called word of mouth....... And I LOVE IT. It spread because of the atmosphere and the friendly attitude here. This is what I like in a web site. I'm telling everyone I know about this site. Heck I told Tom about the site and he joined lastnight. Now I'm telling Sam. He needs to join anyway, we are building his car too.:rulz:

Yep when you get lucky enough to get a group like this ,,it is fun and very helpful,and you can tell the guy's are true blue !! VERY RARE these day's

Keep spreadin' the word guys. The more people the broader our knowledge base. I shiver every time I think Web almost had to pull the plug on the site. Not to preach but I'm sure contributions to the war chest are always welcome. The T-shirts are very cool too.

Ron

You're right about the tremendous growth rate but the numbers can be misleading. What's more important is the number of active members. If you go to the members list and click on posts then click again on the little arrow next to it you will see 11+ pages or approximately 332 registered members with 0 posts. Next check the dates of their registration and the date of their last visit, many of them are the same day.

I'm an Administrator on a Vbulletin paintball forum and we usually purge members that haven't bothered to post for 6 months to a year after registering. It's easier to gauge the needs and interest of the membership using realistic rather then inflated numbers. If you look at the bottom of the main page for the section labeled "The T-Bucket Forums Statistics"

You will find the following information
Threads: 1,823, Posts: 18,009, Members: 775, Active Members: 303
Welcome to our newest member, JCasper

The active members are those that have posted in the last 3 months, this is the number that shows the true growth of the forum.

I hope I haven't come across here as a wet blanket that wasn't my intention. I think the forum is doing great in the areas of popularity and growth and I'm proud to be a member.

I don't see the same things you do.I don't the statistics thing you do.

I checked this site as often as I can long before I joined it. There is a wealth of information on here but I only like to post when I feel I can add something. I'm sure there are many of us getting information on our projects from this site but don't feel we have to post until we can add some value. I think the growth is great and hope the members get as much from this site as I do whether they post or not. My statistics.

I think I need to qualify my statement on our growth. Even if one out of every two people actively participate, that's still an awesome number. I guess what I'm saying is I don't care about the numbers as much as the thought that folks building buckets have got a place to go for help and to help.

Ron

Youngster said:
I think I need to qualify my statement on our growth. Even if one out of every two people actively participate, that's still an awesome number. I guess what I'm saying is I don't care about the numbers as much as the thought that folks building buckets have got a place to go for help and to help.

Ron

Ron, I agree with you completely. I hope people didn't misunderstand what I was trying to say. What I was trying to point out are the number of people that have registered and failed to ever return. I have no problem with people who register and continue to visit without ever posting.

Telman2 said:
The active members are those that have posted in the last 3 months, this is the number that shows the true growth of the forum.
Well I'm sorry to point this out, but you've completely missed the mark with that explanation.

If you visit Admin CP > vBulletin Options > Forums Home Page Options > Active Members Time Cut-Off, you'll see the cut-off is a number established by the Admin. And this particular Admin doesn't use 90 days for the cut-off (see attachment).

Additionally, if you read the text in the attachment, you'll also see the Active Members count has nothing to do with posts. In this particular instance, if a member has visited the forum within the last 30 days, they are considered to be 'active'.

I'm sure the number would look more impressive with a 90 day cut-off, but I'm using that metric for some specific tracking and not as a hook to hang my hat on. :D

Ron, we've only been monitoring and recording Active Members since June 27. On that date, we had 543 total members, 248 of them being active during the previous 30 days.

People will come and go I appreiciate that and there is nothing we can do about that. The numbers thing is not my biggest concern, maybe second. The thing I want from this form is a much needed place for my fellow bucket heads to go if they have a problem to find an answer. I sure those who are really benifitting from the site will agree. I don't want to get political here, but this is THE greatest site going. My thanks to all who have made it so. I, for one, will do everything in my power to keep it alive.

Ron

Youngster said:
People will come and go I appreiciate that and there is nothing we can do about that. The numbers thing is not my biggest concern, maybe second. The thing I want from this form is a much needed place for my fellow bucket heads to go if they have a problem to find an answer. I sure those who are really benifitting from the site will agree. I don't want to get political here, but this is THE greatest site going. My thanks to all who have made it so. I, for one, will do everything in my power to keep it alive.

Ron

Could not have said it better myself!!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back