Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hallcraft Wire Wheels

skullman

I have encountered a interesting problem with the Hallcraft Wire Wheels on my bucket. These are the wheels sold by Total Performance with the Balance Masters feature. When I bought the car the balance was good up to at least 115 mph. As happens when you drive cars, it came time to replace the tires. For some reason they are now impossible to balance. According to the original paperwork, the wheels are supposed to be self-balancing and require no weights. The old tires were balanced with weights. The balance on the new tires is good to about 75-77 mph then they start bouncing like crazy. If you push on thru the bounce goes away at about 80-82. I get the exact same result with them rotation balanced at the motorcycle shop, high speed spin balanced or with no balance. We have even tried rotating the tires on the rim. Any suggestion?

Sounds more like a small out of round/ture thing combo balance from your note. Run out is not always evadent cold tire sometimes they need road heat to shape and show .
There is also if your balancing on or off car? hub/brake can be out as well.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back