Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Handmade steel T from England

mikesplumbing

Thought you guys might like to see this. David built this T by hand out of steel.

DavidsT1.jpg

DavidsT2.jpg

Mike

That is one of the most beautiful T's I've seen lately. I would like to see a complete write up on it. One thing I noticed though is no windscreen hence no MOT sticker on display. Is it street legal?

Nice, I can't even begin to imagine taking on a project like that. He only made one mistake......he's got the steering wheel on the wrong side LOL.

Are you sure there is no windshield???? Look close and use your good eye.:cry:

David is the kind of guy who doesn't really take pictures per say. He is a custom coach builder and just goes from project to project. Anyhow here is two photos of a custom car he built for a customer......

DavidRiley1.jpg

DavidRiley2.jpg

And to think I became a plumber....LOL......Imagine being able to build cars from scratch.....How cool is that hey?

Mike

These dam T buckets are addicting and I really have to get to some service calls this morning. After going to Bear Fiberglass yesturday and being around all those street rods i'm all pumped up.......I can't wait to go cruising in my bucket!!!! ARGGGG!!

Mike

mikesplumbing said:
Are you sure there is no windshield???? Look close and use your good eye.:cry:

Mike

I'm not sure I have a good eye anymore. I still don't see the windshield but what I really don't see is the MOT disk that is supposed to be displayed on the lower left corner of the windshield.

About the T David sent me this.

I can tell you that the car was painted with no filler (bondo) cos the painter made a point of telling me. The body is wider and longer than an original because I built the chassis for a 'Jago' fibreglass body originaly and it was on the road like that for a few years then I made the steel body. The body was made by eye using measurments from the galss body. (which my friend sold part way through the build!) It does not have a frame inside as such, there is structural members running through the body where the wood would be on an original and allong the sill area and door posts. Both doors open. which made the build quite hard. The turtle deck was the hardest part, remember I did not have a clue how a real T went together at the time.

That's all I know....
Mike

Wow!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back