Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Has anyone used "Car Chemistry" exhaust inserts?

sstock

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Looking for feedback on these. Currently running a 12" fiberglass insert from Speedway that is a touch too loud for me (and getting louder)plus with just after 200 miles, I can see the fiberglass packing is starting to wear out. These CC inserts have units with 2 or 3 or4 baffles that you slide into the 3-1/2" side pipe/turnout,weld, rivet or bolt in place.
Thanks in advance.
Steve

Steve, I will be curious to see if you try these and what you think. I too have the 'glas-wrapped inserts and think they're a bit too loud and "raspy."

I had the glass wrapped ones in my blue T, and changed to ones similar to the Car Chemistry units. It got louder, however the wrapped ones that I took out were nearly new.

I talked to CC and they said the insert baffles would be louder like you said 409. They recommended a muffler insert similar to what they make for the Cobra and Corvette side exhaust guys. So here is what I have coming -- an insert muffler with a 2-1/4" core 16" long (slips in a 3.5" pipe)with high temp/quality fiberglass packing. This will be quieter than the 12" speedway unit. If I didn't have a wideband bung, I could of fit a 20" muffler insert in, I think that would of been better and if you have the 26" turnouts Lee, they would be ideal I think. Basically, they will build them to your length needed, no wait time.

Never used them but my car has Sanderson headers and side pipes like cobras do. It is loud but not bad IMO. Your opinion is going to be hard to tell over the www though..

hey sstock, did those car chemistry 16" long muffler baffles work out ok? Did it decrease the loudness and raspy sound from the exhaust?

hey sstock, did those car chemistry 16" long muffler baffles work out ok? Did it decrease the loudness and raspy sound from the exhaust?
I had them built me some 16" inserts that were glass wrapped very similar to the Speedway inserts. They were a tad quieter, slightly less raspy but not as quiet as I had hoped for, so I shouldn't of bothered in hind sight.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back