Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Head gear for us with low windshields

deckofficer

Banned
Have not tried this yet (too cold) but will let you all know how it works. My windshield is about 8".

Attachments

• DSC01015 (768 x 576).jpg
    DSC01015 (768 x 576).jpg
    93.5 KB · Views: 171
So your the guy that was fling the copter in Mad Max. :hyper:

Quite a few years ago I was driving a T bucket and hit a Starling. Yep right in front of my face going about 50 MPH. I sure was glad to have a tall winsheild with supports. The dead bird went straight over my head and landed on the bed cover right behind me. The bird probably weighed a pound or less. I can't imagine getting hit in the face with it at 50 MPH. Goggles helmet what ever you still will get an impact.

ha ha. COOL! the scarf makes it!
egypt.gif

Russ

Yep, got to have a silk scarf. The headgear and goggles aren't for protection, but my long hair gets totally tangled in the wind and hats, beanies, and glasses blow off above freeway speeds. No helicopter rating, just fixed wing.

Yep, got to have a silk scarf. The headgear and goggles aren't for protection, but my long hair gets totally tangled in the wind and hats, beanies, and glasses blow off above freeway speeds. No helicopter rating, just fixed wing.
Be careful with that scarf ... remember Isadora Duncan.

John

OK Folks,

For you that have low windshields and long hair, the recently purchased headgear works great except for the silk scarf. Today almost hit 70 degrees so was looking forward to trying the new headgear at speed. The scarf at 50 mph kept swinging from behind me to in front of my face, so took it off. Blasted to 120 mph 3 times and no problem. Before at freeway speeds some joker would challange me and I would have to maintain speed or risk losing my hat and glasses. Now I can merge on to the freeway and turn my head to see traffic instead of depending on my mirror. Looking forward to my next 500 mile trip back down to Southern California.

OK Folks,

For you that have low windshields and long hair, the recently purchased headgear works great except for the silk scarf. Today almost hit 70 degrees so was looking forward to trying the new headgear at speed. The scarf at 50 mph kept swinging from behind me to in front of my face, so took it off. Blasted to 120 mph 3 times and no problem. Before at freeway speeds some joker would challange me and I would have to maintain speed or risk losing my hat and glasses. Now I can merge on to the freeway and turn my head to see traffic instead of depending on my mirror. Looking forward to my next 500 mile trip back down to Southern California.
You got some balls dude taking that little sucker to 120.

I like it, I used to put 12 hair ties in and a bandana to keep my hair from blowing around on the Harley, I should have got one of those before I cut my hair off.

You got some balls dude taking that little sucker to 120.
Rick, That "little sucker" as you put it, is by far the most docile and forgiving hot rod I have ever owned or driven. It handles much better than my Vette and if things get a little sideways, the recovery because of the light weight is easy and predictable. All you guys have high power to weight ratio rides so you understand the "not fighting the Laws of Physics" behaviour our cars posess. I just wish I would have tried bucket-Ts ages ago, as it would have been the one hot rod I'd have kept.

Quite a few years ago I was driving a T bucket and hit a Starling. Yep right in front of my face going about 50 MPH. I sure was glad to have a tall winsheild with supports. The dead bird went straight over my head and landed on the bed cover right behind me. The bird probably weighed a pound or less. I can't imagine getting hit in the face with it at 50 MPH. Goggles helmet what ever you still will get an impact.

I have tried wearing a helmet & thats awful (ok on dragstrip) as you cant hear much.

I went to polycarbonate glasses as I figured I would rather be known as the guy with funny glasses than the guy with one eye. I have been hit by stones
thrown up by trucks and even the small ones, they hurt big time. A mate got a bee in the eye on one trip & his blackeye wasnt nice. Still, he could see out of it again after a few days when the swelling went down.

Flying goggles with polycarbonate lens would be good and safe.

I cant find a flying helmet thats actually big enough for my head. Oh the shame!

I have tried wearing a helmet & thats awful (ok on dragstrip) as you cant hear much.

I went to polycarbonate glasses as I figured I would rather be known as the guy with funny glasses than the guy with one eye. I have been hit by stones
thrown up by trucks and even the small ones, they hurt big time. A mate got a bee in the eye on one trip & his blackeye wasnt nice. Still, he could see out of it again after a few days when the swelling went down.

I cant find a flying helmet thats actually big enough for my head. Oh the shame!

I have a big head (in more ways than one) and this leather flying helmet works and fits great and I can still hear.

My first drive in Kletus I got hit in the forehead by a suicidal bird, turned right around and headed back to the house. Grabbed my skid lid and hit the road again.

Don't leave home without it. BONUS, it has a built in sun visor.

1366481788_430aad83f6_o.jpg

Another pic from Power Tour a few years ago.

1365589829_edb43c18f3_o.jpg

Another pic from Power Tour a few years ago.

1365589829_edb43c18f3_o.jpg

I looked at my last post and realized it had been a full month since the last time I drove the Track-T. Northern California weather can still be cold and wet in April and May. Today got up to 65 degrees and I had a short 100 mile errand, and used that leather helment and goggles for only the 2nd time and I am sold. First off for the reason I bought it, for my long hair and getting tired of hats and glasses blowing off above freeway speeds but now I really enjoy how it quiets the exhaust bark down (at least to me) for longer drives. I'll be driving it 500 miles back down to Southern California and know for sure that the trip will be even more enjoyable now with no speed restrictions and no ringing in my ears after 8 hours on the road.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back