Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello from NW Iowa

oscar1955

"Long time listner, first time caller". I would like to introduce myself. My name is Kirk and my blood runs blue. I have been around the Ford Busniess 30 years on the dealership level.My wife and I live in Arnolds Park,IA am 57 years old, and have daughter living in MPLS, MN . Son in law is a DI in army reserve ,and a 2 1/2 year old grandson, Garrett, who is a total gearhead, (lucky me!). Garrett always has a car or truck in his hand.
In Jan 1974 I picked up the Rod and Custom mag. with the title "Build a T Bucket" and dreamed of the day I could build or buy one. In may 2004 I bought an unfinished project, more of a basket case. Ended up with a total redo ground up. In April 2009 it was finished up enough to pass Iowa inspection and received a title, got it registered and drove it all summer making notes of changes to be made when taken apart for paint and finishing.
Thanks to all who have posted on this forum I have made some changes in the tear down and rebuilding proces, mostly in the safety side. The expanding body mounts are gone in place of bungs welded in the frame, the friction shocks have been replaced with hydraulics, the ackerman angle corrected,rod end washers installed on the bolts. Also better welds on frame and mounts and fishplates on the kickup section of the frame. I want to take the grandson with me and want a safe ride. The wife was not thrilled climbing over the side to go for a ride so I am in the process of making the right door operational. Having never worked with fiberglass this has been an education, but easier with imformation from this forum. The bucket has a Total body, 302, FMX trans, 8" rear. I plan on powder coating the frame and susp. parts and painting the body myself color undecided at this time.

IMG_0195.jpg

Welcome hopefully this is your pic.Really nice project.When posting a pic put it in the insert image box not a link.
IMG_0195.jpg

Welcome to the forum from Northern Illinois.

Welcome Kirk, nice bucket. :hoist:

welcome from your neighbor from the north.

Ron

Welcome from Pot Hole Paradise Pennsylvania

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back