Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello from PNW

T4ME

Hi everyone from up in the Great NW !!!!

I joined up a week or so ago but did not want to post in fear the deal I had struck but was not complete would get jinxed....:eek:

Here is a little background, I had bought this T from a good friend of mine about 9 years ago, we kept it a couple years and I decided I wanted to build something else. Well being the poor folk we are...:eek: I had to sell the T to finance the next build. This T-Bucket was very fond to us as after we bought it of course we made numerous changes to make it "ours".

I sold it to a logger up North of here and he had never had a Hot Rod before, but it was his dream so I figured it would be taken good care of. Well every since then I have built a Hot Rod every winter until this last one, my health took a crap on me and I have not felt like going to the shop. I had heard that our T-Bucket had not been seen much but those that had seen it said it was not being taken care of....:eek: I asked the wife a couple weeks ago "out of all the cars recently, which one would you like to have back, she said the T-Bucket"

So I started an internet search for the guys name, after 8 hours of phone calls and searching I got ahold of him and asked him about the car. He said it was exactly the same as when he had bought it and that he would indeed sell it but he wanted the same money for it. Well considering what I had heard from others that made me nervous, I offered him 500.00 less then what I had sold it for and he said yes.

So we were exited all week to go get it, Friday night comes and it starts snowing....:eek: All we have ready at the moment is an open trailer, Sat. morning still snowing, oh well I want the car, so we head off, roll of shrink wrap and duct tape in hand.

When I first seen the car I knew he had done nothing to it in the seven years since getting it, the polished Welds looked like satin finish, the chrome front end has surface pit rust, same with the rear bars, all of it cleans right off with 3ooo steel wool but damn.

Well we loaded the car, shrink wrapped it up, paid for it and got the paperwork and were on our way, we made it home with no more dirt on it then it had when we left his house.

Here's some pics......THIS IS WHEN WE OWNED IT......:bow:

MVC-008S.jpg

MVC-014S.jpg

THIS IS WHEN WE WENT AND GOT IT.......:cry:

HEADING OUT......:eek:

MVC-002S.jpg

WRAPPED HER UP.....:razz:

MVC-003S.jpg

WASN'T PERFECT......:welcome:

MVC-008S-1.jpg

GOT ER HOME......:D

MVC-011S.jpg

A LITTLE WORK AND SHE WILL BE BACK GOOD TO GO.....:D

MVC-014S-1.jpg

IN HER HOME !!!!!

MVC-016S.jpg

:welcome: I am in the PNW also - Glad you got your car back. Damn, That story almost ( I say Almost ) put tears in my eyes :bow: Nice to see your baby back home.

Welcome to the tbucket forum a lot of fine helpful people here. Glad you got your T back. hope your health improves so you can enjoy your car:D......Francis

Welcome to the forum T4ME. Always nice to see another '27 in the ranks.

Ron

Man oh man... It was like reading a short story about a lost child being reunited with his/her family... little worse for wear but nothing a good shower and a scrubbing can't fix... Glad to see she's back home where she belongs!

Looks like a real solid build... so, what's on your to-do list? Welcome to the forum, by the sounds of things you're experience will be a great asset to the members! Looks like eastern washington, where you located? Me, I'm over on the west side...

So anyway...

:welcome:

Your bucket looks pretty darn good after sitting around for 7 years. Just a little cleaning up & your ready to go. Kind of reminded me of that "Lassie come home" movie. Lar:)

Okay, I got a little watery eyed. Must have been the onions in my chili. THERE AIN'T CRYIN' IN HOT RODS!:welcome:

Welcome to the forum and it's so cool that you got your baby back. She looks like she'll clean up easy and you'll be cruisin' in no time.:bow:

Welcome, nice bucket

Hello from Bellingham. Nice ride.... Sunny tuesday and wednesday.... may be time to take her for a warm up spin. Spaceman

Thanks for the warm welcome guys.....:welcome:

We are in Spokane,Wa.....I will fill out some of my profile and stuff now that the car is here.....sound a little superstitious don't I...:eek:

As far as the plans on the car go, not to much other then get her back in shape, I repaired the drivers door yesterday, and pressure washed everything underneath. I also got the interior cleaned. Now I am going to pull all the wheels to polish and do some fine detailing. It still runs very good and everything is there so once cleaned up we will mostly just be enjoying it, well unless a blower motor or something comes along....:razz:

Thanks again

T4ME said:
... It still runs very good and everything is there so once cleaned up we will mostly just be enjoying it, well unless a blower motor or something comes along....:razz:

I thought long and hard about a blower motor... decided to say with 327 as that's the motor I always wanted as a kid... but as it turns out, mine get about 10 MPG and it's tough enough to feed that puppy.... 4 or 5 MPG on a blown motor... I'd end up not driving it very much so what good is that!

That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it! :cool:

Yea, I hear ya.....I have just always wanted a Blower motor and out of all my builds that is one of the things I have not had.....:rolleyes:......and IMO there is no better car then a T-Bucket to have one on.....:D:D:D

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back