Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello from Texas

396 BB

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I bought a 28 Model A truck with the intentions of making a hotrod out of it. But my wife & son said no leave it as is. S0ooo. I bought a 23 T Bucket. Wow!! I love it. Its a blast but it has problems. Which brings me to this forum loaded with great information. Ok so back to reading. Thanks.

Thanks for the welcome EWTALLEY. Francis Blake after reading this forum in Suspension. I hope I found my problem. My T has the wheel bounce @ 45 mph. Looks like I have my work cut out for me.

Thanks for the welcome EWTALLEY. Francis Blake after reading this forum in Suspension. I hope I found my problem. My T has the wheel bounce @ 45 mph. Looks like I have my work cut out for me.
Welcome! What type of shocks are you running on the front?

Thanks for the welcome. Jack is right. It does need new tires. The ones I have now are bios @ have crowned @ w0rse the weights have fell off the rims. And shocks ? It has none. Plus I don't know what frame I have or which shock kit will work. Any help will be great. Thanks Sir.

100_6837c.jpg
Thanks for the welcome. Jack is right. It does need new tires. The ones I have now are bios @ have crowned @ w0rse the weights have fell off the rims. And shocks ? It has none. Plus I don't know what frame I have or which shock kit will work. Any help will be great. Thanks Sir.

If you have a Total Performance or similar transverse spring front end, you may have a friction pad on each side of the frame with adjustable linkage to the front axle. Tightening the nuts on the friction pads fixed my front wheel hop. 100_6837c.jpg

Thanks tompen. Yes I have the same set up on the front as you do. I will give them a good tighting. Should I torque them to a specific setting ?

With the extra weight of the big block would it hurt to use the friction pads plus add some good shocks.

With the extra weight of the big block would it hurt to use the friction pads plus add some good shocks.
Try tightening them first. It is really the unsprung weight, tire and wheel, that is effected. I didn't torque mine. I pulled them up pretty tight just to see the difference. Worked so good I left it. I hope it works out for you.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back