Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello from the great northwest

skullman

I'm a newbie to the forum and a newbie to Oregon, but not a newbie to T-Buckets. The first car I ever build and the most fun car I ever owned was a '23 T-Bucket. Frame was built by John Romero of Able Special T's in Palo Alto with a body by Steve Archer. Those names will probably date me. Well I'm 62, been into cars all my life. Had F100s, Hot Rods, Leadsleds, Muscle Cars, Show vehicles and more. Now that I'm in my twilight years I'm wanting to go back to the beginning with another T-Bucket. Any of you bucket guys from the Eugene area?

Welcome to the forum! I'm from up North , just west of Portland about 30 miles. I been building on my rust pile for a few years, one of these days maybe It'll be driveable.....
Don't know bout others here from the Eugene area, but I have seen several buckets down there on travels thru the area.....Might check out some local car shows or cruise in's...."BH"

Here's a list of Oregon Car Clubs,there are several in Eugene. Someone down there must be putting on a couple shows or cruises...."BH"
http://www.all-oregon.com/car_clubs.htm

BH...

Thanks for the info. It's good to know there are other folk with an interest in T-Buckets in the area. One of the reason's I got out of street rodding was that it had become a rich man's sport. The fellow who build his own car and drove it was completely snubbed at car events. The red headed step child type thing. That has turned around and there seems to be a place for everyone today. And, I'm pretty much over the car show sit-around-all-day car event thing. I just want to get back into something fun to drive and enjoy. I'm here is a state where there are tons of beautiful places to drive to and I want to see them all in a bucket.

Tell me about your ride.

Welcome to the site Skullman. You're going to enjoy this site as much as we are going to enjoy having you here. Lots of real fine folks here.

Ron

Welcome to the site. I grew up around Eugene about a thousand years ago, my older brother still lives there. I am over in Bend, Oregon now. I will be over the pass to Eugene Sunday for my High School reunion. Hope you get a bucket up and going, we need more in Oregon.
:)

Duke said:
Welcome to the site. I grew up around Eugene about a thousand years ago, my older brother still lives there. I am over in Bend, Oregon now. I will be over the pass to Eugene Sunday for my High School reunion. Hope you get a bucket up and going, we need more in Oregon.
:)

Ohhhhhhhhh Noooooooooooo, not a HS reunion !!:) I had my 40 year reunion this past June. I couldn't believe how OLD everybody looked.:eek: All the "Hot" chicks were gone somewhere else:confused:.
Have a good time Duke, it's still a kick to see the people again..... "BH"

You can find me in south central Minnesota or here on the site.

Ron

Thanks LumenAl . . .

I'm still unpacking so my photo albums are somewhere in the pile of unpacked boxes. I was able to find one photo (I'll attempt to attach) on my computer and there are a couple on my website (links below). I sold my bucket to some dude in Santa Cruz about 20 years ago and have never seen it sense. I recently tried to track it down but it isn't currently registered in California so who knows what happened to it. I'm chomping at the bit to start another one but I have to sell or trade my show truck before I can start another project. #@*&#@ priorities . . . don't you just love 'em!

This photo was taken during a cross country trip from California to Texas with my son. He is asleep in the bucket and I'm laying on my belly in the middle of the highway somewhere in Arizona.

Bob Borum - 1923 Ford T-Bucket.

And this is a collage of some garage shots while it was being built.

Bob Borum - T-Bucket for fun.

Thank again for the words of welcome. By the way skullman's real name is Bob.

LumenAl

Thanks for the greeting. I tried to attach a photo for the first time and I don't see the post or photo so obviously I didn't do something correct.

Thanks Duke. I actually live in Creswell which is a few miles south of Eugene and Springfield. After spending my life in large congested areas I really like being in a small town again. Have fun at your reunion.

skullman said:
I tried to attach a photo for the first time and I don't see the post or photo so obviously I didn't do something correct.
We use a script that scans posts from new members for possible words and character strings that would be used by spammers. If the script catches a character string that might be suspect, the post is held in a moderation queue until a staff member can review it.

The unfortunate part about the filter is that it will sometimes catch posts that are entirely harmless. We just try to reconcile that with the knowledge that we're keeping the active spam off the open forum.

You didn't do anything wrong, the spam filter just tripped you up. Just keep posting and the filter will release your account.

Welcome to the T-Bucket Forums!

Welcome Bob, cool bucket, neat little trailer too. :cool:

coolcar_041.jpg

That's a sweet T man. If you can replicate it, you have a lot of cruin' ahead of you.

Ron

WELCOME!
I'm up here in western washington, no T yet but have two years before I pull the trigger and retire but hopefully will start my project before then.
Love the Eugene area, they still have the dead heads there??
SS

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back