Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hello from Upstate New York

ICBomber

Just wanted to introduce myself, as a confirmed car nut, I enjoy everything auto related. A few years ago, I finished my Cobra replica, a Factory Five Racing Roadster, sure I enjoy driving it but the build process has really gotten into my blood.

For my next build, I'm interested in building something that will make my Cobra look civilized. I want to build an early Indy type Speedster, My plan is to use off the shelf Model T/A running gear to produce a "Miller/Bugatti" like open cock-pit speedster.

I will admit that I'm cheating, I have a buddy who has been scratch building a replica of a '27 Bugatti Type 35 for the past few years. I wish I could post a few pictures but the Forum software has shut me down :(

Here is where I'm at, just pick up a complete spring on top front end from Speedway and in the process of mocking up the front end.

Thanks,

Pat

Welcome, but going from the Cobra to a T/A powered you may hurt yourself when you get out and find out you are still moving! LOL

you have to have some posts before pics! forum rules to reduce spam.

Welcome from Maryland. Sounds interesting, I'll be anxious to watch progress.

Welcome from Maine!! Have a question that you can answer to increase your posts..I have a booklet and order form, that has been sitting beside my computer for a year now, for a '33 factory five racing hot rod..Never new anyone who built a factory five kit and I am curious about them..

Welcome, I'm new here too....seems friendly enough! Lots to read, which usually raises more questions...hint to post away too ;)
I figure the day I'm done with the old steel, I will switch to a Cobra and a roadcourse track...don't know that it will happen though, I enjoy this hobby, and this site has got me takin notes for what I will work on next on days off!
Enjoy,
Greg

Welcome from Maine!! Have a question that you can answer to increase your posts..I have a booklet and order form, that has been sitting beside my computer for a year now, for a '33 factory five racing hot rod..Never new anyone who built a factory five kit and I am curious about them..

The Factory Five 33 is a great starting point to build the Hot Rod of your dreams. It is a fully modern design and takes advantage 15 years of Factory Five Racing experience of building "component cars". My Cobra was my first attempt at "building" a car but there was (at the time) 5,000 kits built before me and 2,500 completed cars, so I knew there was help if I needed it. There is a very strong FFR community, two different forums, to ask questions if you run into problems. For the most part, the kit will go together very nicely but may require "a little tweeking" here or there. FFR33 uses mostly late model Ford running gear, Mustang 8.8 rearend, 4.6-5.0 mod motors but Ford 302/351 work nicely. The chassis is really up to the task, and is known to road race very well. One of my good car buddies built one, (he sold his T-Bucket to build it) and FFR has used it quite bit for promotional tours.

HIH,

Pat

Welcome, I'm new here too....seems friendly enough! Lots to read, which usually raises more questions...hint to post away too ;)
I figure the day I'm done with the old steel, I will switch to a Cobra and a roadcourse track...don't know that it will happen though, I enjoy this hobby, and this site has got me takin notes for what I will work on next on days off!
Enjoy,
Greg

I going the other way, the Cobra is a very "elemental" sports car but now I want my "Grandfather's Cobra". I want to build something that will honor the "first generation of car guys". I still hope to track it! :thumbsup:

My buddy built a FF '33 a couple of years ago. It came out so good, the company chose it to represent them at SEMA 2011. Here's a link to the site that documents his build. Really awesome car!

https://sites.google.com/site/arrowheadshotrodsite/Home

My buddy built a FF '33 a couple of years ago. It came out so good, the company chose it to represent them at SEMA 2011. Here's a link to the site that documents his build. Really awesome car!]

That's the '33 I was refering to...:D

Small world, you know Arrowhead too. Where are you at?

photo-2.jpg

Here's a shot of my FFR Roadster (Cobra) this past fall with buddies' XK-140

Cobra5-16-10021.jpg

Very basic build, Ford 302, T-5 with 3 link rear

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back