Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

HELP!!! with Tn. title

I went to the clerks office and told the lady I need to get a vin and she told me all cars have a vin. When I told her i built it and needed one she looked at me like I was crazy and didn't really give me an answer. I guess I should have called them first to find some help.

go to the forms section and open, then choose titling and regestration forms, then open motor veheical and clarification form and download this form it has instructions to follow to get vin # and inspection. Don't take short cuts the states are not playing games they will charge you with fraud, they need the money. If the car is a custom say so, if kit car say so. But please do it right, its not worth the problems, Ask some of my freinds, Big brother is looking.

Tennessee passed the SEMA bill a couple of years ago but I don't know one person that has been successful in registering a car yet. The employees at the Clerk's office have no idea what to do.

In theory, you tell them you built a 1923 Ford and they should assign a VIN to it, give you a title as what it most closely resembles, etc.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back