Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

HELP.

Gerry

Hi
Just spent over an hour writing a post for the TECH section. Tried to upload a pic and it failed. tried again and lost the whole lot from the editor. Can anyone help.
Gerry

Sorry Gerry, I don't see anything. :D

Sorry that I can't help without getting in front of your computer. The data may be in a "temp" file but it would be tough to get to.
May I make a suggestion for next time?

I never write a long or complicated note in anything except a word processor.
I can save what I've written along the way. Most of them have an auto-save feature so if I don't hit the save button it will do it for me anyway after 10 minutes or so. Plus they often have more editing features than some forum editors.
When I'm done I just copy and paste into the post or email.

Sorry you lost your work. Been there. Done that and so have many of my students.

Joe

Sorry that I can't help without getting in front of your computer. The data may be in a "temp" file but it would be tough to get to.
May I make a suggestion for next time?

I never write a long or complicated note in anything except a word processor.
I can save what I've written along the way. Most of them have an auto-save feature so if I don't hit the save button it will do it for me anyway after 10 minutes or so. Plus they often have more editing features than some forum editors.
When I'm done I just copy and paste into the post or email.

Sorry you lost your work. Been there. Done that and so have many of my students.

Joe

Thanks.
i have already decided to write in Word and cut and paste into the editor but thanks for the advice and help
G

Sorry I couldn't help...
Hate to see a good tech post slowed down.

hey
thanks for trying to help... no problem I will just write it again.
gerry

When using the editor (seldom do anymore) I've learned to always do a "copy" of my post before entering a picture. that way if it does what you discribe (BTDT) you can just hit "paste" and at least have a bail out plan.
what-cha- working on Gerry?

Russ

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back