Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Here is the barrell

HAceT

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

vbpgimage.php

Lots of space in there. Where did all the whiskey go? :smashpc:

That really sharp looking, I think it's shaping up real nice.

Thats a good idea Ron... I was going to shape the fuel tank to fit the curve of the barrell but changed my mind. I'm looking at one of your tanks like a 10x9x28 with the fill spout on top at one end and up about 6".

vbpgimage.php

PM me and let me know how much to make this. I still have the bung and cap we bought so I could weld it in myself if need.

that looks awsome,somthing I havent seen before,I thought about doing somthing similar with a wooden army crate.anybody seen that before?

I dont know if Ron has a sheet metal roller or not, but a half cylinder shaped tank would fill the bottom of your barrel nicely while leaving the top half for storage.

Yeah I know and that is what I wanted at first but my friend no longer has a sheet metal roller so I'm back to the drawing board. But Ron if you can do it then I give you some different dimensions...

HAceT said:
Yeah I know and that is what I wanted at first but my friend no longer has a sheet metal roller so I'm back to the drawing board. But Ron if you can do it then I give you some different dimensions...

I don't have a roller. We can only do a rectangle shape tank.

use your gas bottle to roll the bottom/sides. if you don't get the exact curve, it's ok 'cuase the ends and top will hold the shape for you. if you have access to a bead roller, bead top top/floor for strength. if not, lay a piece of plywood over it.

Ron

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back