Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Hey HELLRAISER

I didnt get my kit yet. It was shipped out on Friday. I just tracked it and its still in springfield, MO which is the shipping terminal closest to Spirit. Im hoping that its not caught in the ice storm they are getting down there. Its supposed to be here on thursday. I already told my work that im taking off Friday, Saturday, and Sunday to put it together if it comes on Thurs. So there will be plenty of pictures and plenty of assembling going on. I cant get mad at Spirit. I ordered it Dec 23 and it shipped Jan 23. i dont think my check cleared until january something. It probably would have been here quicker if i didnt keep adding stuff to my order. I ordered a tank from Rpm and ALOT of parts from speedway. The only parts i have left to get is a radiator and a driveshaft. Im gonna measure for a driveshaft as soon as i get the kit and drop the tranny in. I think im ordering the radiator from superior radiator on ebay. Aluminum rad for $220 !! Im just hoping it will fit the spirit frame and radiator shell. The measurements are very close to the one on spirits website. You should see the pile of parts i have already for this thing. Im only missing the tank, the kit, the rad, and the driveshaft. I have everything else.

Cool!!!!!!! What trans are you going with? I'm looking at getting a kit but I've got to figure out what trans I'm going to use.

Im using a gm th2004-r. I happened to have an extra one laying around. Its the same overall length and size as a th350 but it has overdrive. We have one in my wifes street/strip monte carlo and its awesome. Love the overdrive so i can run deep gears.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back