Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

How can I mount front shocks?

I can't upload a photo yet, since I don't have 10 posts. So the info below is the best I can do.

But...My plan was to make a shock mount to bolt to the frame, and put shackles with a shock mount on the springs. However, there doesn't seem to me enough room on either side of the springs for a shock to fit.

If you add "photobucketDOTcom before this... albums/j78/jetskibob1/IMAG0067_zps9c165a1f.jpg
you can see the picture

Does anyone make as shock mount that would go near the shackle but the shock would mount on top of the spring rater than on the side?

Any help would be appreciated.

A picture of the side might be helpful showing how your headlight is mounted . You've got a lot of chrome and paint that your probably not interested in screwing up. RPM would be my first choice and I'm sure he can offer ideas and or suggestions. Maybe offer the frame manufactures name too?

IMAG0067_zps9c165a1f.jpg

You sure do not have a lot of room there. I would suggest you loosen that spring perch and fix those leafs! (that would drive me batty)

You have any other pics of the front end?

Here is another angle. Hopefully someone will be kind enough to post it.
photobucketDOTcom /user/jetskibob1/media/IMAG0066_zpsa9f2c3f6.jpg.html

Jimbo... As for RPM I was going to call them. I believe they posted this photo(again I can post it) and it appears to have the shock mounted on top. It's where I got the idea. As for frame manufacturer, as far as I can tell based on some research it's a Speedway. Was told by previous owner, who bought it from the builder it was built in the late 70s/early 80s.
photobucketDOTcom /user/jetskibob1/media/FrontShocks006_zps764faa5a.jpg.html

Keeper... Thank you for posting the picture. And I never noticed the leaves till now. Thanks!! I'll add that to the list of chores!

And if anyone is interested, here is an album with overall shots of the car.
photobucketDOTcom /user/jetskibob1/library/1927 Roadster (the space between 1927 and Roadster needs to be there)

The wagon is way cool ! And i would definately use a bolt on headlight shock combo mount,

This is the only side pic i could find
3.jpg

FYI,
Mcmaster-Carr sells SS acorn locknuts that one could use instead of the normal ny-loc for the upper shock bolt.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back