Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

How to dispose of your bucket?

This is exactly what was done recently for a buckethead in New England who passed this summer. Check out my post in the Classifieds from August 6, titled "Nice Bucket for sale" ;)

And maybe a forum "Health." We post problems and tips. Now I know what you're thinking. This site is for T bucket enthusiasts, not hypochondriacs. But we share another link; most of us are of rather advanced age (anyone 30s, 40s, 50s? Hello?) And our health can get in the way of wrenching on our cars. I'd like to hear what other bucketheads do to keep moving. Meds, exercises, special tools, etc. Can you still crouch down? I haven't tried in so long I don't know. And It's probably not good for old knees.

PotvinGuy,
I could get into a long list of what is wrong with me but I doubt if many people would be interested. I can almost crouch but it is hard to stand up. I can work under my bucket but I have to grab on something to get up and usually hit my head on something on the way up. I guerss

Error - that post wasn't finished. What I try to do is avoid doing something if it hurts but now many things hurt. I'm not quite dead yet either so this isn't my last post. I'll compost my dead post and have my wife post with the listing of my bucket for sale.
Spanky,
The listing you mentioned for the estate bucket was just what I was thinking of.

Fortunately my wife can still crouch, but she really gets my goat.
168512891-young-woman-crouching-playing-with-goat-kid-smiling-farm-behind-her-.jpg

I’m 76, under height and got bad knees. Until recently I have been taking a med for my bone on bone knees but it’s hurting my kidneys. They took it away 3 weeks age and I have been not worth a crap since. Until then I have been riding a recumbent trike 40 to 50 miles a week. I have only ridden 20 miles in 3 weeks. I started riding in late July and have ridden 595 miles and lost 42 lbs. I’m working with the VA to find alternative to meds. The riding made my knees feel so much better I was starting to feel like the old me. I weigh what t weighed 25 years ago so I want to continue. Cold weather compounds my pain. Thanks for the vent space!

42 lbs! That's amazing, ORF. Good on you. I could stand to lose, oh, 60 lbs. Amazingly my knees are fine, at least there is no pain...yet. Gotta get back to the gym. I went all my life until Covid hit, and now it's been 2 years without exercise and boy do I feel it.

I’m down 90 lbs from my highest. I went to a gym with personal trainer for a year and a half then quit him and in the next 2 years I picked up the 40 I just lost when I got on the bike. That is way more fun than I could ever have imagined so if I can get my knee pain under control and lose another 50 lbs I can get some new knees!

Yeah, most of us are geezers or close to it. I did have an attorney, my cousin, but he died last year at 70. No known problems, they just found him in bed with the TV still on. Made me think of how sudden things can change.
I think all of us here would help your wife. Show her how to post on us. We can advise on price and how best to sell it. One of us might even buy it.
I just called my life long attorney, a rare good one, but his practice is closed... older gent. I have lost two accountants, and dislike the current one. Sucks getting on in age. Probate laws are different from state to state. Each person should look into it to understand. I recently administrated two, unofficially, as there were no official court procedures. Other than a vehicle, and a house/mortgage... I was able to obtain title via civil court by producing evidence of paying for final expenses on one, the other was a survivorship deed, so other than selling the house to satisfy the debt, no big deal. The big deal was dealing with ungrateful idiots and a lifetime of belongings. Once you experience it, it’s likely less enjoyable than imagined. I guess it depends on how much stuff and what category’s... I wouldn’t wish it on anyone that I care about.

Death brings out the worst in many, so I’ve learned. As one who has shouldered the ugliness, no one seems to appreciate what you do, but sure expect a bonus and have suspicions. It’s a very trying time. Unnecessarily. It’s bad enough losing a family member without the ugliness. Years ago, my wife and I both had to face life threatening health procedures at different times, and had to deal with much of this in anticipation of not being here and to provide for our kids. It’s ugly, but necessary. It does require periodic updating as we move along.

I’m down 90 lbs from my highest. I went to a gym with personal trainer for a year and a half then quit him and in the next 2 years I picked up the 40 I just lost when I got on the bike. That is way more fun than I could ever have imagined so if I can get my knee pain under control and lose another 50 lbs I can get some new knees!
If you keep on losing the weight, you will need a new name. Old Thin Fart?

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back