Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

How to Use the gallery

Webmaster

Administrator
Staff member
Forum Sponsor
VIP Member
Supporting Member
If you want to display some images in the Gallery, read the following instructions -

Click on the Gallery tab, up in the NavBar.

On the next page, click on the Members Gallery.

In the right sight of the page, you will see a button marked New Album. That's you, click on it.

On the next page, give your new album a name, preferably using your forum username as part of the name.

If you like, give your new album a brief description.

Tick the Public Album check box. (You did want others to actually see your album, right?)

Now click on the button marked Create Album, since that is the entire point of this exercise, aye?

On the next page, over on the right side, you will see a dropdown menu box, titled Select an operation. Click on it and select New Image.

Are you wanting to give your new image a caption? If so, have at it.

Now, if you so choose, you can provide a description, so everyone will know the picture of a a frammus filter bushing from a 1913 Rolls-Kinardly. Or not.

There will be a watermark added to the image when you upload it, but you can add your own copyright text if you so choose.

Click that Browse button and browse to the folder on your computer where said filter bushing image is located. Double-click the image and it's local computer address will be listed in the text entry box.

Now hang on, because here comes the really hard part. Pay attention! Click the Submit Image button.

If you are submitting a gigantor image that is 5000 pixels by 5000 pixels, you're going to have to wait until some software on the server can resize the image. If you are smart and have downloaded IrfanView, like I have suggested on multiple occasions, you can resize the image to something around 640 pixels X 480 pixels and then your wait won't take nearly as long. It's up to you, but you can resize it faster than submitting a monster image, waiting to have it resized and then displayed.

TA-DA, there is your image, displayed quite nicely in your new album.

Now, I am assuming you have two images of said filter bushing, so scroll up to the top of the page and just under the NavBar is what is known as a breadcrumb navigation structure. It will look like this -

T-Bucket Forums > Gallery > Your Username Gallery > Your filter bushing image name

Click on Your Username Gallery.

Click on the New Image button and you're ready to upload image number 2.

If you think I am going to explain how to display image number three, I'm gonny cowp yer hurlie. :rolleyes:

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back