Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Howdy All - Question about TBucket Project

EricClark

Howdy All,

I am thinking about getting my very first TBucket project and thought I would hit you all up for your honest opion about its worth and possible issues / concerns about the car. First off, let me say that I am on a VERY tight budget (arent we all) and would love to add all the high dollar stuff but I need to keep it down to under 2000. Anyway, please take a look at these pictures and let me know what you think of the car. What its worth and if its a good or bad starter project. The engine is a rebuilt 302 with a Turbo 400 tranny. The car runs and drives and is ready to be street legalled.

Thanks team.

Eric

2112d1247113706-howdy-all-question-about-tbucket-project-1.jpg

2113d1247113706-howdy-all-question-about-tbucket-project-2.jpg

2114d1247113706-howdy-all-question-about-tbucket-project-3.jpg

2115d1247113706-howdy-all-question-about-tbucket-project-4.jpg

2116d1247113706-howdy-all-question-about-tbucket-project-5.jpg

Pictures ?? :crap: I don't see any. :wall:

Is it working now? Sorry about the hassles and confusion. New to this system. I will pick it up pretty quick though. Thanks again for everyones assistance.

Eric

Can u get some better photos of the front and rear suspension? Is the bed and body metal or glass? What are the brakes? The 302 will still haul the mail with a bucket. All of us ego-maniacs and senile people are way overpowered, but that is just the way we are. You wil find some unbelievable help on this site and a great bunch of members. There is a site The Jalopy Journal, whose members love the jalopy or rat rod and has a lot of technical articles as well. On this site click on portal upper left and then click on forums for a lot of technical articles and other relevant forums.

Beauty and worth is in the eyes of the beholder... There are some that LOVE Ratrods, and then they are worth a lot more, and there are many that don't care for Ratrods, then try and buy it for the (hopefully) good running gear... Depends on whether you want to run that metal body and bed, or if you are going to change to a fiberglass T Bucket body and frame?? So, you have to look at it this way, parts?? or keep as is and drive it?? I don't even want to guess nowdays, as I am from the OLD school.. Do what your Heart tells you... If it turns you on, go for it, as cheap as possable :crap:

Post pics of the suspension that is something that can kill all the enjoyment of a bucket if you can't stand to drive it without a sore back.

Those are all the pictures I have currently. The suspension is from a ford f250 with 8 lug wheels.

Would you buy this car for lets say $5000 dollars? Is it a 3000 dollar car or an 8000 dollar car? Is it a good project to start with?

It runs, drives and is street legal already. It needs lipstick (I hope) to make it pretty not full blown engine/tranny change.

Help me make the right choice to buy or to not buy. = )

Eric

Thats all the pictures I have currently.

I guess what I need to know is if the car is worth $5000 dollars? It drives, its street legal, the engine was rebuilt and the tranny is a turbo 400. Is it a good place to start for $5000 dollars? = )

Thanks.

Eric

It looks like all you have there is a motor and trans. that is really worth anything. I'd shy away from that if I were you. Look around I'm sure you can find a better deal elsewhere. That's just my opinion. Good luck on whatever you decide.

It's so hard to answer questions like this not knowing the likes and dislikes of the buyer. For a rat rod fan that could be a good buy I guess. Just not my kind of build so I would pass on it. Not enough usable parts for me to use on one of my builds for the 5 grand. You need to look at resale too. Is someone going to want to buy it when you're ready to move on. How much do you want to loose on the deal. Don't count on a current fad being there when you're ready to sell. Fads come and go too fast. Look at all the wonderful '30's sedans that got painted pastel pink, green, yellow and blue. Where are they now? Just my 2 cents.

Ron

Eric, probably the hardest thing to do is be patience if you can. Good deals come on ebay all the time most of the time their more money but you were going to have to spend the money anyway. Just be patience. I have a friend that has a t for I think 8000 he is on vacation right now. Where are you from anyway. Lar:)

First off, welcome to the site!

Secondly, this is not a $5000 car. Maybe more like $1500-$2500, and that's if you've fallen in love with it. Take a decade and build a great car if you're on a super tight budget. Set it in your garage or back yard and make motor noises until you build something you can really be proud of.

Thirdly, DON'T GO INTO DEBT BUILDING YOUR CAR! I've seen many guys lose their zeal for the hobby when they go into debt over a toy.:welcome:

It's just my two cents...

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back