Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Howdy from Wyoming

Wyo George

Just thought I'd pop in and introduce myself. My name is George, I'm a machinist and fabricator with addictions to motorcycles, old cars, custom gun building, wooden boat building (and some fiberglass) and competition shooting. I'm currently restoring my '65 Impala SS 396 as a family car and then afterwards I'll be building a T bucket for just me and momma. I figured I might as well get started researching and deciding on my T build.

What I know so far:

~ Will absolutely, positively, definitely without debate have a Y block ford. I have a '59 Galaxy 292 with low miles sitting in the back of my shop and I've always loved the look and sound of a Y block.

~ Will most likely be mated to an AOD, but I may possibly use the '59 3 speed auto for simplicity.

~ Will definitely have a "bed" on it. I'm actually leaning towards building it with a larger bed of around 36-48" in length to allow for some travel luggage room and better equip it for getting groceries! This is still up for decision, I may just stick with a 20" bed.

~ Bench seat and passenger door is a must, as is a stretch body (I'm 6'2" and 220lbs). I'm still debating on which body since there are a few different styles of stretch.

Other than that, I'm here to learn and occasionally toss in some help to others. I've zero experience with T buckets, but I know a lot about fiberglass, metal fab, body work, engine building and old cars.

Thanks for having me,

George

Welcome from Ocala, Florida. Looking forward to seeing your project take shape and please we must see some pictures when you get started.

I will certainly share pics along the way. I've written several tech articles and I actually enjoy a good documentation :)

Just thought I'd pop in and introduce myself. My name is George, I'm a machinist and fabricator with addictions to motorcycles, old cars, custom gun building, wooden boat building (and some fiberglass) and competition shooting. I'm currently restoring my '65 Impala SS 396 as a family car and then afterwards I'll be building a T bucket for just me and momma. I figured I might as well get started researching and deciding on my T build.

What I know so far:

~ Will absolutely, positively, definitely without debate have a Y block ford. I have a '59 Galaxy 292 with low miles sitting in the back of my shop and I've always loved the look and sound of a Y block.

~ Will most likely be mated to an AOD, but I may possibly use the '59 3 speed auto for simplicity.

~ Will definitely have a "bed" on it. I'm actually leaning towards building it with a larger bed of around 36-48" in length to allow for some travel luggage room and better equip it for getting groceries! This is still up for decision, I may just stick with a 20" bed.

~ Bench seat and passenger door is a must, as is a stretch body (I'm 6'2" and 220lbs). I'm still debating on which body since there are a few different styles of stretch.

Other than that, I'm here to learn and occasionally toss in some help to others. I've zero experience with T buckets, but I know a lot about fiberglass, metal fab, body work, engine building and old cars.

Thanks for having me,

George
I look forward to watching the build!

Welcome from Missouri, you are in the right place every thing you are interested in seems to come up on this forum time to time. I have been in your state hunting several times although it has been a few years.

Welcome from Missouri, you are in the right place every thing you are interested in seems to come up on this forum time to time. I have been in your state hunting several times although it has been a few years.

Francis Blake...If you are located in Independence, MO then we are only about 18 miles apart. I don't know why I got the idea you were much further north. Maybe we'll cross paths while I'm here in Kansas.

The Other George with GAB being North George. New George will need to figure out who he actually his on his time!

Thanks for the warm welcome gents. I'm looking forward to getting to know the crew around here. As to which George I am, just call me the handsome one, that works for me :)

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back