Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

I find this both amazing and tiresome

Mike

Simply because I like to see news from all sources, I make it a daily habit to check out the Russia Today's USA news page. Typically, RT will have 14 headline headlined news stories on that page. Again today, 10 of those 14 stories (71%) are based on the mess in Ferguson, MO. Over the course of the last 3 or 4 days, this has been the case.

When is enough going to be enough? I can only wonder what actual news stories we are not being told, as Ferguson gets crammed down our collective throats.

At some point in time, the trouble-makers in Ferguson are going to have to come to the clear realization that this has naught to do with color, but has everything to do with character. What a terrible thing for a young man to have not been raised and parented to show respect for others. What a terrible thing that a family lost a son. But can someone (ANYone?!?) show me how burning down local businesses, how looting local businesses, and how acting like a pack of rabid wolves is ever going to bring that young man back to life?

How is it anyone's fault, other than that young man's parents, that he was not taught things like basic respect for others, as well as other socially-acceptable standards of life? I don't like kicking anyone who is already down, but if blame must be assigned, then is it wrong to properly assign it? Where did this young man learn that stealing from others is acceptable in any community, and why did his parents not correct that misconception?

Wouldn't everyone's energies be better used by finding ways to teach children that, like it or not, police officers deserve a modicum of respect, that trying to strip a weapon from an armed person is never a good idea, and that stealing from others is always going to come with its own sense of discomfiting consequences? 'Stuff' happens in this life, and if our response to that is always to rape, pillage, and burn, then it seems mankind has not adapted very well, over the course of the last 1,000 years. And I suppose you can read into that whatever you will.

If a grand jury could not come up with enough evidence to indict on probable cause, then how could anyone reasonably expect a prosecutor to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt?

Again, I feel badly for parents who lost a son, but I've had more than my share of the nonsense taking place in Ferguson. What will it take for the rabble-rousers to understand that their continued poor behavior is only going to attract heavier-handed repercussions?

Your frustration is echoed by many rational people. Black, white, cop, civilian. Doesn't matter. Everyone knows it's a tragedy on all fronts and this is just making it worse. But the people who matter understand the situation and want peace. Unfortunately, the media at large doesn't care about right, wrong, good, bad or what's best to ease tensions. They care only about ratings. Calm people make for boring news, so they do their level best to arrange as much chaos as possible. The ones looting and pillaging just play into it and make the majority look bad. I think most are embarrassed by the whole thing.

Simply because I like to see news from all sources, I make it a daily habit to check out the Russia Today's USA news page. Typically, RT will have 14 headline headlined news stories on that page. Again today, 10 of those 14 stories (71%) are based on the mess in Ferguson, MO. Over the course of the last 3 or 4 days, this has been the case.

When is enough going to be enough? I can only wonder what actual news stories we are not being told, as Ferguson gets crammed down our collective throats.

At some point in time, the trouble-makers in Ferguson are going to have to come to the clear realization that this has naught to do with color, but has everything to do with character. What a terrible thing for a young man to have not been raised and parented to show respect for others. What a terrible thing that a family lost a son. But can someone (ANYone?!?) show me how burning down local businesses, how looting local businesses, and how acting like a pack of rabid wolves is ever going to bring that young man back to life?

How is it anyone's fault, other than that young man's parents, that he was not taught things like basic respect for others, as well as other socially-acceptable standards of life? I don't like kicking anyone who is already down, but if blame must be assigned, then is it wrong to properly assign it? Where did this young man learn that stealing from others is acceptable in any community, and why did his parents not correct that misconception?

Wouldn't everyone's energies be better used by finding ways to teach children that, like it or not, police officers deserve a modicum of respect, that trying to strip a weapon from an armed person is never a good idea, and that stealing from others is always going to come with its own sense of discomfiting consequences? 'Stuff' happens in this life, and if our response to that is always to rape, pillage, and burn, then it seems mankind has not adapted very well, over the course of the last 1,000 years. And I suppose you can read into that whatever you will.

If a grand jury could not come up with enough evidence to indict on probable cause, then how could anyone reasonably expect a prosecutor to prove guilt beyond a reasonable doubt?

Again, I feel badly for parents who lost a son, but I've had more than my share of the nonsense taking place in Ferguson. What will it take for the rabble-rousers to understand that their continued poor behavior is only going to attract heavier-handed repercussions?
Amen! The facts that the president, attorney general, and numerous so called civil rights activists basically tainted the facts and dictated their desired outcome and the facts still couldn't be overcome is very telling to me. I do not agree with Police brutality and there is a lot of it, but right is right and more importantly, wrong is wrong! Someone please help us!

And of course <cough, choke, gag>, certain news stations wouldn't use the grand jury's decision to further their own agenda, would they?

news001.jpg

Just a bit of background, to help you understand CNN's unbiased and nonpartisan (hopefully, you can see the sarcasm dripping from those words) reporting. They are bleeding money. They are rapidly losing advertisers, they are shutting down some of their productions and it was only after some rapid wheeling and dealing that CNN convinced Dish Network to temporarily restore the Turner network lineup to their network. So it is a given that CNN is going to start shooting for the moon with their new reporting, in a last-ditch effort to regain some of their viewing audience, and the revenue they have lost.

If the above headlines were links to articles on the Web, which one would you plainly see as click-bait?

What Americans are going to have to realize if we cannot allow ourselves to be divided on issues like race, politics and religion. As I said earlier, the terrible events in Missouri were not predicated on skin color, it was a matter of character. But that's not good enough for news agencies (and I use that term very loosely), who need Americans divided into camps of blacks, whites, browns, reds and yellows. Just the same way as they want us divided into camps of Republicans and Democrats. Just the same way as they want us divided into camps of Catholics, Protestants, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, and Buddhists. What anyone who falls into those traps fails to understand is that we must hang together, else we will surely hang separately.

And of course <cough, choke, gag>, certain news stations wouldn't use the grand jury's decision to further their own agenda, would they?

View attachment 10644

Just a bit of background, to help you understand CNN's unbiased and nonpartisan (hopefully, you can see the sarcasm dripping from those words) reporting. They are bleeding money. They are rapidly losing advertisers, they are shutting down some of their productions and it was only after some rapid wheeling and dealing that CNN convinced Dish Network to temporarily restore the Turner network lineup to their network. So it is a given that CNN is going to start shooting for the moon with their new reporting, in a last-ditch effort to regain some of their viewing audience, and the revenue they have lost.

If the above headlines were links to articles on the Web, which one would you plainly see as click-bait?

What Americans are going to have to realize if we cannot allow ourselves to be divided on issues like race, politics and religion. As I said earlier, the terrible events in Missouri were not predicated on skin color, it was a matter of character. But that's not good enough for news agencies (and I use that term very loosely), who need Americans divided into camps of blacks, whites, browns, reds and yellows. Just the same way as they want us divided into camps of Republicans and Democrats. Just the same way as they want us divided into camps of Catholics, Protestants, Muslims, Jews, Hindus, and Buddhists. What anyone who falls into those traps fails to understand is that we must hang together, else we will surely hang separately.
I know its sort of irresponsible and self centered, but I try to avoid watching or listening to the so called news other than local events. The weather man is usually wrong, professional sports and politics seem rigged, and the rest of it is like watching a soap opera. It rarely directly affects me and I can almost never affect it. My blood pressure is high enough with out the bs...For an example: last summer my son and I were remodeling an investment property and worked late. On the way home about midnight, there was a horrible accident right in front of us where a pick up truck was smashed between two semi trucks and there was an explosion, etc. We were two cars back and saw everything. After six hours of sitting while they cleaned it up, we got home and I wanted to see what the news reported. I thought there was a different accident based on the coverage at first because nothing was correct except the location. They even had the victim portrayed as the perpetrator and that was not what happened. So why get worked up over things that are most likely incorrect either by mistake or design? The major news providers are owned or directly influenced by powers who have a definite agenda and controlling what we think is very much to their advantage from what I see. Even if they resist cooperating, they profit from telling the tale. I also have noticed that there seems to always be a politically explosive event that just happens to occur right in the middle of unpopular world events and the entire focus is changed. Pretty darn convenient! Keeping all of us at odds with each other keeps us from resisting the real enemy...That's a fact!

What will it take for the rabble-rousers to understand that their continued poor behavior is only going to attract heavier-handed repercussions?

The bottom line here is "The Grand Jury Spoke!" That should be the final act in this on going circus. Twelve US Citizens sat and heard and studied all the available evidence and testimony and a majority of nine voted a No Bill. That is final anywhere I have ever lived. Prosecutors can charge a person with a crime and refer it to the grand jury but they can't just indict on their on. Simple as that.

As to the motive of people that riot and destroy their own neighborhood...who knows. Mob mentality might be a start. No real roots to their community...Living off the government welfare programs so they will still get their free stuff or maybe they are just worthless SOBs that like trouble as long as they don't get hurt or it's not their house or store. I'm always reminded of the Rodney King Riots. Mobs sweep through the area looting and burning everything in their path...well almost everything. Seems the Korean folks armed up with AR-15s and stood their ground and miraculously they were passed up without a scratch. Much like the cockroach theory. Thousands of cockroaches covering the kitchen floor till someone turns on the lights. Every damn roach has become invisible in about 2 seconds. The fear of self pain sounds good when you are in a big group of loud mouths. When that danger is in your face your buddies are usually already gone. No good answers for sure but destroying your home turf sure isn't going to help your situation. I'm sure a number of businesses will just decide to either relocate else where or fold their tent and I really can't blame them. Glad I live in rural Arkansas. No trouble other then meth cookers and you only see them in town when the police have them pulled over for no tags , windshields, lights or their cooker in the truck bed. I guess meth doesn't really improve your come sense thinking. And that's my two cents worth on the subject.

George

I know its sort of irresponsible and self centered, but I try to avoid watching or listening to the so called news other than local events.

I'm with you on this not watching the drama. Being as I have been working out of state for almost five years I have seen very little TV. I was offered a TV several times but always refused. Nothing of value and the news is always suspect so I just pass. I was at a friends house Wed. night doing my laundry. They were out of town so I flipped on the big screen Hi Def unit and watched a live concert with George Thorogood and it was great. Next up...Crossfire Trail with Tom Selleck. How much better can it get. Then back to the real world and work. Don't think I'll ever get one for myself. My wife and son dumped satellite TV and got Netflick. I haven't been home to see that yet but I guess they can watch whatever on demand at a whole lot less money. Maybe some technology might be alright. We'll see!

Not Technical George

Last edited by a moderator:
The bottom line here is "The Grand Jury Spoke!" That should be the final act in this on going circus. Twelve US Citizens sat and heard and studied all the available evidence and testimony and a majority of nine voted a No Bill. That is final anywhere I have ever lived. Prosecutors can charge a person with a crime and refer it to the grand jury but they can't just indict on their on. Simple as that.

As to the motive of people that riot and destroy their own neighborhood...who knows. Mob mentality might be a start. No real roots to their community...Living off the government welfare programs so they will still get their free stuff or maybe they are just worthless SOBs that like trouble as long as they don't get hurt or it's not their house or store. I'm always reminded of the Rodney King Riots. Mobs sweep through the area looting and burning everything in their path...well almost everything. Seems the Korean folks armed up with AR-15s and stood their ground and miraculously they were passed up without a scratch. Much like the cockroach theory. Thousands of cockroaches covering the kitchen floor till someone turns on the lights. Every damn roach has become invisible in about 2 seconds. The fear of self pain sounds good when you are in a big group of loud mouths. When that danger is in your face your buddies are usually already gone. No good answers for sure but destroying your home turf sure isn't going to help your situation. I'm sure a number of businesses will just decide to either relocate else where or fold their tent and I really can't blame them. Glad I live in rural Arkansas. No trouble other then meth cookers and you only see them in town when the police have them pulled over for no tags , windshields, lights or their cooker in the truck bed. I guess meth doesn't really improve your come sense thinking. And that's my two cents worth on the subject.

George
The bitch about it is we, the tax payers, will end up paying for all of that bs...They will subsidize the damaged businesses and pump a bunch of funds into civil programs and urban development for "underprivileged" via tax dollars. The end result will be to reward the criminals and punish the innocent through this process. They will waste millions of tax dollars reinventing the wheel in the police department and use it to force non minority officers out to employ politically acceptable ones. I think they should just install a 8 foot fence with razor wire facing in around that entire area and let them resolve it them selves. Not waste any more time or money on them or on feeding and caring for them in the housing development or prison if that is how they act no matter what color, creed, religion, sex, etc..It is just basic human verses animal behavior. The whole thing is absurd, people living free, robbing, steeling, doing whatever they damn well please and acting like we all owe them something and blaming the world for their wrong doing when they get caught. How did we as a nation get to this point? Why do we send our youth to fight and die for it? Why do we tolerate it? How is it they can afford to live and still have time to protest and do all of this stuff? I don't know anyone that works and supports their family that could have the time to do that, Do you? If they put the energy into fixing their own problems that they put into rioting, they would be in pretty good shape! There seems to be a pattern to this in the recent few years. Just my thoughts...

George, I am right there with you. Grand juries make decisions, almost every day of the week, without anyone setting fire to anything, stealing anything, or throwing any bricks through any windows. But in this case, some folks of color want this to be all about color, so they are hell-bent to foul their own nests. And mark my words, in 10 days time, they will be demanding Washington send them money to rebuild the mess they've made. And they wonder why they are always stereotyped?

In the meantime, business owners are being punished for no more than owning businesses in the affected neighborhoods. I figure it is only by grace that no one else has been killed. But I am figuring it will happen. I still cannot find anyone to tell me what that will fix, or cure.

Although, and @RPM can attest to this, I did have a girl tell me earlier, that something needs to be done about police officers who kill 'for fun'. Clearly, she was into the hooch a bit early, this evening. :rolleyes: But she clearly stated she thought that was what this entire Missouri mess had been caused by - a cop killing black kids for fun.

idiots001.jpg

Quote "But she clearly stated she thought that was what this entire Missouri mess had been caused by - a cop killing black kids for fun."

Mike... Maybe she was one of the Hate All Cops mentality. Probably got a DWI or a ticket for something and hates all cops. I do know there are some bad cops out there and they do abuse their authority but by and large most are pretty good guys just doing a thankless and very dangerous job. I knew a large number of Fort Worth officers while living there. I built a Fuel F/C that was driven and crewed by a handful of local officers which began a long and good association with their department. None of the crew were uniform cops. All were in the trenches with the finest of slim balls, drug dealers, child molesters, murders, rapist and violent stick up men. I'm still in procession of two hand guns from them that they ordered me to carry way before it was legal as my shop was in a fast deteriorating neighborhood consisting of the Bloods and the Crips. I had a lot of trouble over the 20 years I was there and was already carrying a hand shooter long before they insisted. I think all but one is now retired and they are all glad to be off the job as it has gotten a lot more dangerous and a lot more political in the past few years. Police departments now are able to draw military tactical equipment at no cost from military surplus yards and here lies some of the problems as I see it. You dress up like a storm trooper armed with fully automatic weapons, armored vehicles, helicopters and a New World image of yourself and sometimes that goes to some cops head. The old standard was To Serve and Protect and that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Homeland Security is the worst of the lot and fuel this mentality. My old US Marshal drinking buddy told me that every time they did a joint operation with ATF it turned into a complete clusterhump! They were considered to be at the bottom of the pecking order in quality of officers and operations. All ATF guys were want-a-be FBI agents. It seems to me this war we are carrying on with Muslim terrorist that want to attack Americans on American soil is a Federal feed tool to fuel the police build up. For the most part, attacks won't come to smaller less populated areas so why does my Arkansas county or Greenwood County, KS need tactical vehicles? What does any small town need an tracked armored personnel carrier? The bottom line...they don't. In Stone County, Arkansas there are enough long guns and qualified hunters and shooters to hold of all the Muslim attackers that could gather in a 6 month period. Most of rural America is in the same position. Big cities for most parts have state or national guard units that can be rallied at a moments notice. While there are justified threats and the Feds do a good job of intercepting them I feel the US Government wants the American citizen to be in fear and have a need for protection. Almost the same as convincing people they can't take care or feed themselves and as such need that little plastic card that magically pays for food ect. So there you have it. I am what I am and will be till the end. Not going to live in fear of what might happen and if caught in a bad situation will go down fighting. It's the American way. One other thing. If you think I'm anti police you would be completely wrong. I am anti bad or bully police. They are your Police Department. They are not your cities standing Army. Their job is to Serve and Protect. That means to serve the citizens of that community weather it's working a traffic accident , helping deliver a baby, catching a stick up artist or tracking lost children. And at the end of their shift their job is to go home safe! The old statement: "No one likes the Police until they need one" holds true. Just hope you never need one! Stay Safe out there.

George

PS: As to the social problems that these lower income communities have is a tough problem and I have no idea how to solve it. As long as people are encouraged to lay on the sofa and watch Oprah why drinking a cold 40 out of a brown bag there is no cure. The trick is to break that cycle and people way smarter then me have been trying for years. But of course there are just as many that want the things to stay as they are. After all, who will they give those little plastic magic cards to when they drive them to the voting booth!

Last edited:
I don't like to get into this but the Term the Grand Jury looked at all the evidence is really not the same as they looked at all the evidence presented to them by the prosecutor . In this instance I think the Grand Jury got it right, but the Grand Juries I have served on were more of a Kangaroo court.

Current MO law regarding use of deadly force. Probably takes a lawyer to figure it out. But, looks pretty clear to me when you read the highlighted text.

563.046. 1. A law enforcement officer need not retreat or desist from efforts to effect the arrest, or from efforts to prevent the escape from custody, of a person he reasonably believes to have committed an offense because of resistance or threatened resistance of the arrestee. In addition to the use of physical force authorized under other sections of this chapter, he is, subject to the provisions of subsections 2 and 3, justified in the use of such physical force as he reasonably believes is immediately necessary to effect the arrest or to prevent the escape from custody.

2. The use of any physical force in making an arrest is not justified under this section unless the arrest is lawful or the law enforcement officer reasonably believes the arrest is lawful.

3. A law enforcement officer in effecting an arrest or in preventing an escape from custody is justified in using deadly force only

(1) When such is authorized under other sections of this chapter; or

(2) When he reasonably believes that such use of deadly force is immediately necessary to effect the arrest and also reasonably believes that the person to be arrested

(a) Has committed or attempted to commit a felony; or

(b) Is attempting to escape by use of a deadly weapon; or

(c) May otherwise endanger life or inflict serious physical injury unless arrested without delay.

4. The defendant shall have the burden of injecting the issue of justification under this section.

Quote "But she clearly stated she thought that was what this entire Missouri mess had been caused by - a cop killing black kids for fun."

Mike... Maybe she was one of the Hate All Cops mentality. Probably got a DWI or a ticket for something and hates all cops. I do know there are some bad cops out there and they do abuse their authority but by and large most are pretty good guys just doing a thankless and very dangerous job. I knew a large number of Fort Worth officers while living there. I built a Fuel F/C that was driven and crewed by a handful of local officers which began a long and good association with their department. None of the crew were uniform cops. All were in the trenches with the finest of slim balls, drug dealers, child molesters, murders, rapist and violent stick up men. I'm still in procession of two hand guns from them that they ordered me to carry way before it was legal as my shop was in a fast deteriorating neighborhood consisting of the Bloods and the Crips. I had a lot of trouble over the 20 years I was there and was already carrying a hand shooter long before they insisted. I think all but one is now retired and they are all glad to be off the job as it has gotten a lot more dangerous and a lot more political in the past few years. Police departments now are able to draw military tactical equipment at no cost from military surplus yards and here lies some of the problems as I see it. You dress up like a storm trooper armed with fully automatic weapons, armored vehicles, helicopters and a New World image of yourself and sometimes that goes to some cops head. The old standard was To Serve and Protect and that doesn't seem to be the case anymore. Homeland Security is the worst of the lot and fuel this mentality. My old US Marshal drinking buddy told me that every time they did a joint operation with ATF it turned into a complete clusterhump! They were considered to be at the bottom of the pecking order in quality of officers and operations. All ATF guys were want-a-be FBI agents. It seems to me this war we are carrying on with Muslim terrorist that want to attack Americans on American soil is a Federal feed tool to fuel the police build up. For the most part, attacks won't come to smaller less populated areas so why does my Arkansas county or Greenwood County, KS need tactical vehicles? What does any small town need an tracked armored personnel carrier? The bottom line...they don't. In Stone County, Arkansas there are enough long guns and qualified hunters and shooters to hold of all the Muslim attackers that could gather in a 6 month period. Most of rural America is in the same position. Big cities for most parts have state or national guard units that can be rallied at a moments notice. While there are justified threats and the Feds do a good job of intercepting them I feel the US Government wants the American citizen to be in fear and have a need for protection. Almost the same as convincing people they can't take care or feed themselves and as such need that little plastic card that magically pays for food ect. So there you have it. I am what I am and will be till the end. Not going to live in fear of what might happen and if caught in a bad situation will go down fighting. It's the American way. One other thing. If you think I'm anti police you would be completely wrong. I am anti bad or bully police. They are your Police Department. They are not your cities standing Army. Their job is to Serve and Protect. That means to serve the citizens of that community weather it's working a traffic accident , helping deliver a baby, catching a stick up artist or tracking lost children. And at the end of their shift their job is to go home safe! The old statement: "No one likes the Police until they need one" holds true. Just hope you never need one! Stay Safe out there.

George

PS: As to the social problems that these lower income communities have is a tough problem and I have no idea how to solve it. As long as people are encouraged to lay on the sofa and watch Oprah why drinking a cold 40 out of a brown bag there is no cure. The trick is to break that cycle and people way smarter then me have been trying for years. But of course there are just as many that want the things to stay as they are. After all, who will they give those little plastic magic cards to when they drive them to the voting booth!
I get a little over the top on these topics because it goes against everything I grew up thinking was right, but the truth is it is almost impossible for a single uneducated person or young couple to earn enough to support them self. I don't profess to know the answer, but as long as it is more profitable to stay home and get a check and food card with health care, in a subsidized apartment, etc...than to work, we are doomed to a communistic existence. I heard that they estimate 51% of Americans receive some sort of government assistance. 51%! Wow! There needs to be an opportunity to make it so you can feel good about doing it. I am not sure that is what the big political players want. It's easier to control people when they eat out of your hand, literally. I truly believe that independent self sufficient free thinking Americans are viewed as a threat to their big government, new world order type of thinking. Ever notice when there is a serious natural disaster in the world that the first presence that shows up is the UN "peace keeping" forces with full battle garb, not humanitarian aid workers? Control is the number one priority. We live in a scary time.

I don't like to get into this but the Term the Grand Jury looked at all the evidence is really not the same as they looked at all the evidence presented to them by the prosecutor . In this instance I think the Grand Jury got it right, but the Grand Juries I have served on were more of a Kangaroo court.

Swampdog...You are absolutely correct in "what the prosecutor presented." Some are good guys and try to be fair and some are in it as a stepping stone up to higher office. Those that want to move up have a vested interest in protecting bad cops and hammering little guys that can't afford the big buck defense lawyers. I too feel they presented all the evidence they had as they knew everything and everybody would be under a microscope by both sides and the press. They were protecting the DAs office as much as the police department and rightfully so. It may not be the best system but it beats anything else in the world.

One other thing. Grand jury decisions are meant to be the end of the problem. In Texas and probably most states the grand jury always hears a police officer shooting. The main reason is back in the earlier years a shooting was ruled justified and that was the end of it. Maybe 5-10 years down the road a young new DA arrives on the scene looking to build a name for himself so he starts digging through old cases. Runs across this 10 year old shooting case and sees that ruling differently. He can then reopen that case and based on lack of officer defense witnesses due to death, lost evidence, memory etc refile and take to a new and possibly liberal grand jury and get a indictment. That is why they now grand jury it on the front end and make it final. This same jury will also hear cases of lawful concealed carry citizens that have to defend themselves. Grand Jury sends down a No Bill and that citizen is protected from criminal charges. As I said, "it beats anything else in the world." Take Care

George

I get a little over the top on these topics because it goes against everything I grew up thinking was right, but the truth is it is almost impossible for a single uneducated person or young couple to earn enough to support them self. I don't profess to know the answer, but as long as it is more profitable to stay home and get a check and food card with health care, in a subsidized apartment, etc...than to work, we are doomed to a communistic existence. I heard that they estimate 51% of Americans receive some sort of government assistance. 51%! Wow! There needs to be an opportunity to make it so you can feel good about doing it. I am not sure that is what the big political players want. It's easier to control people when they eat out of your hand, literally. I truly believe that independent self sufficient free thinking Americans are viewed as a threat to their big government, new world order type of thinking. Ever notice when there is a serious natural disaster in the world that the first presence that shows up is the UN "peace keeping" forces with full battle garb, not humanitarian aid workers? Control is the number one priority. We live in a scary time.

fletcherson... You are 100% on target. And yes, we are in deep trouble and sinking faster by the day.

George

All I can say is when Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson are involved it is never a good situation. Doesn't help when the media is blasting it everyday on the TV, newspaper and internet. Why work when you can get gov't cheese, rent and don't forget a cell phone too. The gov't agencies are so screwed up. I am all for helping someone that needs help but when people abuse it I have no respect for that person or agencies. I better stop here so I don't get into more trouble

All I can say is when Al Sharpton/Jesse Jackson are involved it is never a good situation. Doesn't help when the media is blasting it everyday on the TV, newspaper and internet. Why work when you can get gov't cheese, rent and don't forget a cell phone too. The gov't agencies are so screwed up. I am all for helping someone that needs help but when people abuse it I have no respect for that person or agencies. I better stop here so I don't get into more trouble
Yea, Funny how the ones who must pay the bill have no "right" to voice their real opinion for fear of reprisal...the cost of working to have something to lose. I too think it's ok to help someone get on their feet, but they must then walk. If they can't due to an actual disability, that's a bit different. It just seems to me that everything is back words or inverted from how I was taught it should be...I guess I am just out dated!

You know, I went the best part of two years without work. I knew what it was going to take to keep the ship afloat, and minimum wage wasn't it. As a result, the bank foreclosed on my mortgage and I ended up in this tiny apartment. I clearly see the irony, when I am leaving the house, heading into a 3rd shift position that scarcely covers my living expenses, whilst my 'ethnic' downstairs neighbors sit on their front porch, all day and all night, getting drunk and getting boisterous. They don't work, but they somehow can afford a newer vehicle than I, they can afford cigarettes, and they can apparently hold stock in a liquor store.

But you know, those are the times when I realize that I am one, lucky S.O.B. I can still put both feet on the ground. I am able to go into work, each night. I can earn my own keep, without holding my hand out to collect my share of the government dole. Maybe that would sound insane to my neighbors, as I am sure they feel they have it made.

Today, I got an e-mail from the storage center, where I rent a 10 X 10 unit. Effective 2 January, the price of that unit is going up. A 'mere' SIXTY PERCENT! I called them, to question the increase. And since I have been with them for two years, and always pay my bill in a timely fashion, they are going to give me a discounted rate. Which is only 50% more than I am currently paying. Screw me to tears...

Did I mention the raise I got from Purdue, this past year? Yes sir, my hourly wage virtually exploded by an additional 14¢ per hour. And no, that is not a typo. One dime and four pennies, per hour. After taxes, that will almost cover half the rent increase on that storage unit. <SIGH>

You know, I went the best part of two years without work. I knew what it was going to take to keep the ship afloat, and minimum wage wasn't it. As a result, the bank foreclosed on my mortgage and I ended up in this tiny apartment. I clearly see the irony, when I am leaving the house, heading into a 3rd shift position that scarcely covers my living expenses, whilst my 'ethnic' downstairs neighbors sit on their front porch, all day and all night, getting drunk and getting boisterous. They don't work, but they somehow can afford a newer vehicle than I, they can afford cigarettes, and they can apparently hold stock in a liquor store.

But you know, those are the times when I realize that I am one, lucky S.O.B. I can still put both feet on the ground. I am able to go into work, each night. I can earn my own keep, without holding my hand out to collect my share of the government dole. Maybe that would sound insane to my neighbors, as I am sure they feel they have it made.

Today, I got an e-mail from the storage center, where I rent a 10 X 10 unit. Effective 2 January, the price of that unit is going up. A 'mere' SIXTY PERCENT! I called them, to question the increase. And since I have been with them for two years, and always pay my bill in a timely fashion, they are going to give me a discounted rate. Which is only 50% more than I am currently paying. Screw me to tears...

Did I mention the raise I got from Purdue, this past year? Yes sir, my hourly wage virtually exploded by an additional 14¢ per hour. And no, that is not a typo. One dime and four pennies, per hour. After taxes, that will almost cover half the rent increase on that storage unit. <SIGH>
Seems like the cost of living goes up for the ones who have to actually pay for it and the benefits increase for the ones who don't. When exactly is that election again??? Not that it really matters, at least we can feel like we have a voice...Lol

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back