Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

I found affordable zoomies finally !

Joe-405

I was strolling the ole interweb and hedman hedders is making a weld up kit now that fits T-Buckets !

And its only $155.99 through jegs or most online speedshops.........................

Set your custom rod up with a set of these Hedman Hot Rodz Pro-Mod or Funny Car header kits. As with every Hot Rodz kit, these Pro-Mod style header kits come complete with 3/8" flanges, smooth mandrel-bent primary tubes, gaskets, and hardware. They even include an embossed Hedman badge that you can weld to your one-off Hedman Hot Rodz Pro-Mod or Funny Car Headers.

Tube Size (in.) 1.75
Application Automotive
Engine Make/Size Chevy Small Block (262-400)
Tube Direction Down Swept
Collector Tube Size (in.) N/A
Port Shape Round ( I called the hedman tech they will fit regular heads and seal)
Material Stainless Steel
Coating/Finish 304 Stainless Steel

500-68900.jpg

Stainless steel kit? Sounds unusual. Not too many people weld stainless at home, but it can be done. Most of those kits are mild steel.

I would question that they are stainless at that price. I know it describes them that way on the Jegs site, but on the Hedman site it doesn't specify what they are made of.

Last edited:
FYI Stainless will blue out like chrome (does not bother me) . I have stainless block huggers on 32 and they turned, however they do not rust. If you want them to maintain that silver look they will have to be coated.

Great Price! Either made totally by machine, or from beyond the great pond, or both. I'd add a longer piece of flatbar connecting the 4 tubes close to the end. What Ga. tubing are they? Really thin? No Rust! Wrap those babies! We can Adapt and overcome!
Pick up small roll of SS wire for the MIG....and Look Out!

Went to both the Summit Racing and the Hedman Web sites. These are weld up kits and are regular steel.
I thought so for that price. Still seems like a good kit. I like their lakester kit. I might give that a try...

How would you seal your welds? Just a clear coat? or would you somehow need to chrome or tint the welds to try to match the Stainless and to keep it from rusting right away?

Yes they are regular steel i would edit it out but i cant edit my threads after somebody posts something under it to get rid of the confusion.

And yes i will be buying them and seeing how loud they really are ! Thinking about a hilborn style injector setup also.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back