Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

I wrote an article in here

Mikey

But it was pulled. Webmaster thought it was advertising. I wanna go on record as saying he has my permission to clean it up so it doesnt fall under advertisng so he can re-post it cuz it has a lot of good advice and suggestions in it. If you need my help as a T bucket buddy or friend,(not for profit) you can still call me at 936-544 4849 or email me at MichaelDaniels86@msn.com. Again this is for advice or help only as one human being to another during the Christmas holidiays..or anytime.. Mikey

Well, when all else fails, whine on the forums. :welcome:

Thread moved from the Technical Articles category to the Lounge.

Ive seen Mikeys posts on the other site and he seems quite helpfull to all the other members. Seems like a clash of personalities. Maby u guys should start over. Not tring to tell the webmaster what to do just an observation.

As a side note to post your phone number on a new post does seem a bit bizarre but i think its common on the other site, he seems to have a lot of post friends.

Rooster

But he's been a member for over a year.I do think it was a tad tacky to advertise like that though.He is one hell of a guy though he's building T Fever Freds car right now.

Mikey is one heck of a good guy, a bit like a bull in a china closet from time to time... but heart is good as gold...

Mikey... I think your willingness to help fellow hotrodders is very cool... you just have to do it in a way that does not appear to be fishing for business... you see a post about frames, or what ever, that caters to your expertise, then just jump on in and post, then everyone has the benefit of your contribution... easy stuff!

I read both posts and it did feel like a business card narative (sales pitch). But it also spread alot of love to some of our sponsors. It was light on tech while having good tips.

I know RPM seems to get some buisness from this site but i have never seen a post of him soliciting any one. He to seems to be a good guy that like most who post here are always willing to help anyone. That is the draw to this site is the guys who are willing to help without being to judgemental of some of our skill levels. This brings all our skill levels up.

Thanks

Come on guys, we don't need drama on here like some OTHER site. Mikey isa good guy and I hope they get things straightened out.

AS Far as complaining

I have been on the other site for over 7 years and have been on other sites also, every site has there problems and always will. Mikey and Ron(RPM) are fantastic guys and would do anything for you and other t bucket guys, it is just sometimes Mikey does seem like he's selling everything he has but Mikey is just making conversation. You will not find a nicer guy with the knowledge of building a bucket, I would suggest that the guys that bitch just read the post and just pass or use what they have to say, I know that every one is different and some of you all have to complain about something but KEEP IT TO YOURSELF and every board would be much better off. We had problems on the OTHER board about Union's and we lost a GREAT member because of it all i have to say is Me myself probably gets picked on more then anyone on the site and i can say you NEVER WARE YOUR FEELINGS ON YOUR SHOULDERS when your posting on any forum:rolleyes::cool:.
complaining will never get you anywhere.

I think Mikey is one hell of a guy never did dis him.

WHAT how can you say you get picked on? You sound like Fatpat.:):rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

For those that don't know, Nas T and I along with several oters are all the time funning with each other. Nas T has to have the best T Bucket of any I have ever seen.

[ame=[media=youtube]fUIqzmoL0Fk[/media] - T-Bucket Startup[/ame]

he has posted that car here before i dont understand how it runs.LOL but he does build one bad ass bucket

Re: AS Far as complaining

Nas T said:
I have been on the other site for over 7 years and have been on other sites also, every site has there problems and always will. Mikey and Ron(RPM) are fantastic guys and would do anything for you and other t bucket guys, it is just sometimes Mikey does seem like he's selling everything he has but Mikey is just making conversation. You will not find a nicer guy with the knowledge of building a bucket, I would suggest that the guys that bitch just read the post and just pass or use what they have to say, I know that every one is different and some of you all have to complain about something but KEEP IT TO YOURSELF and every board would be much better off. We had problems on the OTHER board about Union's and we lost a GREAT member because of it all i have to say is Me myself probably gets picked on more then anyone on the site and i can say you NEVER WARE YOUR FEELINGS ON YOUR SHOULDERS when your posting on any forum:rolleyes::cool:.

how come the dates are all messed up on these posts????

RPM said:
WHAT how can you say you get picked on? You sound like Fatpat.:lol::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

For those that don't know, Nas T and I along with several oters are all the time funning with each other. Nas T has to have the best T Bucket of any I have ever seen.

YouTube - T-Bucket Startup

Thank you kind sir, I guess now it is my turn to say something nice also :)
dang you make some neat stuff, wish i had half your talent. as far as building a nice t bucket thank you but i would hate like hell to go up against LumenAL's bucket, that is one of the Best one''s that i have seen in a long time and i have seen a lot of them. That man has a VERY good eye for detail .

ok, i'm gonna say this only once and then i'll back away from this discussion. here's how i see it. we are all here because we hold these fantastic little cars so dear to us. if you want to contrubute fine, you will be welcomed with open arms. if you're bringing aditude with you, please check it at the door. it's not needed here. i can assure you, you will be welcomed without it. we have, from day one, been here to help each other and that's why we have gained the rep of the best T bucket site on line. JMHO

Ron

Nas T said:
Mikey and Ron(RPM) are fantastic guys and would do anything for you and other t bucket guys, it is just sometimes Mikey does seem like he's selling everything he has but Mikey is just making conversation.
I've had a few samples of Mikey's 'conversation' and I'm really struggling to reconcile that with your description of him being a fantastic guy.

There's really no need for any explanation of Mikey's behavior. He inquired a few weeks back about purchasing advertising on this site and never followed up with it. The next we see of him were the posts that were seen as self-promotional by several members, in addition to myself. I contacted him, privately, to explain I couldn't throw my paying advertisers under the bus by allowing him to promote his own services for free. I asked him for permission to edit those portions of his posts and then I was suddenly being faced with Mikey's 'conversation', both in private and on the open forums.

I do not know Mikey personally, However I would be lying to say his reputation hadn't preceded him here. He may be willing to perform services for free and that's great. I admire him for his willingness to help others. But we have advertisers who stand to lose income because of his big heart. If they lose income because of what a single member has done on this site, we all stand to lose the benefit of their advertising dollars. ( Do you really want this site to become subscription-only??)

So tell me, to whom shall I listen and show my support? Those who help this site to exist or those who want to bull in here and start telling me how I need to change things to suit them? I hope you see how rhetorical my question really is.

We have a tick over 900 members and have now had a grand total of 2 or 3 storm out of here, because we weren't willing to allow them to dictate forum policy to everyone else. That amounts to less than .4% of the total membership. That figure is astonishingly low and one that I am quite willing to accept. One thing I've never been shy about admitting is that there is absolutely no way of making everyone happy all of the time. It's pie in the sky and I remind the forum staff members to not set themselves up for failure by trying to accomplish the impossible. There are going to be times when someone will be upset by a decision made to please other members. I don't have a magic wand and I cannot change that fact.

Exactly!

Youngster said:
if you want to contrubute fine, you will be welcomed with open arms. if you're bringing aditude with you, please check it at the door. it's not needed here. i can assure you, you will be welcomed without it.
Youngster, you've just done a first-class job of condensing the forum rules and guidelines down into a few brief sentences. I hope everyone will read what you had to say and will understand just how easy it really is.

I'm genuinely sorry this post became necessary, but I think it is far better to air this issue out, rather than letting it continue to fester.

Hopefully, we will now be able to put all this behind us and busy ourselves enjoying T-Buckets again. (Yes, that is a hint. ;))

excelent site

You have treated your sponsors great and members here fairly. It's a tuff job but someone has to do it and you are doing an excellent job. Keep up the good work and thanks.

Mikey has succeeded in doing on this forum what he has done on the other one... he has made himself the center of attention.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back