Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

I'm back at it!

Satori

Hey guys, how have you been? After almost a year-long "break" I'm back to my build. Things got kinda crazy in the months after my wife died and my garage pretty much just accumulated cobwebs and dust.

I cut the holes for the battery, master cylinder and steering column today. Now I'm waiting for the epoxy to cure on the PVC through the firewall. Hopefully tomorrow I'll be able to lift the body back off so I can finish building the brake lines and convert the rear drums to disc. I'd post pics, but my web host is being a spaz. Hopefully I'll get that straightened out soon.

Keep at er She has some nice parts that will add up to a beautiful ride. Remember we like pics

Hey Satori been a long time we have missed your build. We thought you fell off the edge of the earth. I was at Spirit a few months ago and your name came up . They had tried to contact you at one point. Anyways welcome back to it . Post some pics.

Welcome back Satori. It's good to hear from you again.

thomas

Welcome back Mike. Sorry to hear about the wife.

Thanks everyone! I'm going to try to get some help over here later to lift the body off. For some reason, one of the biggest things I was dreading was the hole and PVC for the steering column. I was worried that it would be so tough to get it at the correct angle, but it turns out it was easy as anything. While it was still mocked up I rolled it out to the driveway for a sunny picture. :hyper:

Attachments

• in_driveway.jpg
    in_driveway.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 49
Awesome looks like a real roller.

Thanks everyone! I'm going to try to get some help over here later to lift the body off. For some reason, one of the biggest things I was dreading was the hole and PVC for the steering column. I was worried that it would be so tough to get it at the correct angle, but it turns out it was easy as anything. While it was still mocked up I rolled it out to the driveway for a sunny picture. :hyper:
Satori,

So what was your method of making it "easy"?

Mark

Satori,

So what was your method of making it "easy"?

Mark

I'm not sure, really. I just eyeballed it and took the chance. My holes ended up being way too big, but I filled it all in with epoxy. Once I attach the drop bracket to the back of the dash I'm sure it'll be pretty solid.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back