Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Importance of Capitalization

Martin72

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Capitalization
In the world of hi-tech gadgetry, I've noticed that more and more people who send text messages and emails have forgotten the art of capitalization. For those of you who fall into this category, please take note of the following statement:

"Capitalization is the difference between helping your Uncle Jack off a horse, and helping your uncle jack off a horse."

Is everybody clear on that?

That also holds true for punctuation and spelling. (With spelling there really is NO excuse with spell check.) Why murder our language, even though we do not have an OFFICIAL language in this country, ENGLISH is the ACCEPTED norm. Don't complain about the Spanish speaking folk wanting their language in our culture if you are not proud enough of our culture to speak and write proper English. This is my opinion, speaking from having an English teacher for a mother and a sister who also taught English along with German. IMHO

Jim

What is really sad about this is that a lot of people are just too lazy to compose sentences others can read. I make my own mistakes, but I do try to do a quick proofread to make sure what I've written will make sense to others.

Jim,

I've got to agree with you on this one for sure. No teachers in my family, and I was a crappy English student, but it appears some just don't try at all to write properly. My spelling has declined over the years, and my typing gets way behind what my mind is thinking, (resulting in some strangeness), but some of the "English" I see here is just terrible. It's about to get a lot worse because of cell phone texting though, so I'm not sure where it's headed. Will the next generation's "unofficial" language become "pidgin English"?

Corley

Jim,

I've got to agree with you on this one for sure. No teachers in my family, and I was a crappy English student, but it appears some just don't try at all to write properly. My spelling has declined over the years, and my typing gets way behind what my mind is thinking, (resulting in some strangeness), but some of the "English" I see here is just terrible. It's about to get a lot worse because of cell phone texting though, so I'm not sure where it's headed. Will the next generation's "unofficial" language become "pidgin English"?

Corley

Would you believe "Spanglish". LOL

Jim

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back