Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Insurance for a T

Northstar T

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
I recently purchased insurance for our model A from Hagerty and was noticing that they don't generally insure T buckets. so what's the best way to go on obtaining insurance for these cars at a reasonable price??

Thanks,
Russ

I recently purchased insurance for our model A from Hagerty and was noticing that they don't generally insure T buckets. so what's the best way to go on obtaining insurance for these cars at a reasonable price??

Thanks,
Russ

Both my dad's '27 and my 27 is insured through Hagerty. Never heard anything about them not insuring T's...they were great to work with when I was building my '27.

I'll be asking them about it in person tomorrow, but their website, in the section on eligability states "The degree to which a vehicle has been modified determines both its acceptability for our program and the rate at which it will be quoted. We consider a vehicle to be modified when the performance has been significantly increased, the body/chassis/frame has been structurally altered or a custom paint job is valued above $10,000". I supose that just means they will insure anything for the right price ;) I was happy with the quote on our model A at 142 per year however.

I have Grundy. They seemed good. No mileage limit and agreed value.

Thanks,
Russ

I started with Haggerty but switched to Grundy after a couple of years. Better price

I currently have 2 cars with Hagerty. One has some of the items RPM mentioned but after talking to Hagerty they insured my car. I have had them for years on different cars but have never had a claim. So, I just hope the are what they 'claim' to be!

Grundy.

I had Hagerty, and they had all info sent to them including pics and the person sent me the the Insurance card via email. The Policy was mailed about a week later. A couple months later, I get a Cancellation Notice saying they never got pics and a couple other things, so I called them up asking whats going on. The person I talked to said they never got info. I got her email, and sent her copies of all the emails back and forth, but said they had already cancelled the Policy and was refunding a check. She then said they would be happy to re-do the policy............. No Thanks.

If they can't even be on the same page about a new Policy, screw em.

Given the unwritten mission statement of the insurance industry appears to be; Collect Premimums, Deny Claims - the best indicator of a company's worth is to see how they handle claims.

I'd welcome hearing about experineces on how your claim was handled by whom.

Having opened the door, I trust we won't heard about a friend of the local bartender's third cousin's ex-girl friends Mustang fender-bender. You know, the fluff-stuff we might encounter of those ....... other forums.

Real claims on real hot rods, if those experiences exist. And if they don't, all the better. It means no one got hurt.

I've got Hagerty

Had a small accident about a year ago. Hagerty said no problem, get a quote. The quote came over $7,000. They said that they needed a claim adjuster to
look at the damage. 2 weeks later had check in hand. No Problem. Had a few extra charges to the claim and they paid. Still insured and I raised the value of the T.
Insurance did not go up.

In 2007 I had an accident in Tucson AZ I live in New Mexico. I have 2 T Buckets and a 1956 Ford Pickup insured with Hagerty.

Long story short on Saturday night after a lot of fun run (about a 500 mile week) and 5 miles from the trailer to load up and go home some dummy (that is his nice name)pulled out in front of the YeloT and caused $3000 damage. On Sunday morning driving home I called the claims Dept and on Tuesday

morning they had an adjuster standing in 'My Shop' in Artesia NM (read the remote sitcks) with Speedway, Jegs & Summit catalogs in hand. We went through them for replacment parts prices and he then sent that list in with labor cost included and on the following Monday I had a check in hand and I was allowed to do all the repairs myself.

I like Hagerty and still have them with about the same rate I was paying 3 years ago...Thats my two cents on a real accident and experance...

Thanks,
Russ

My T is issured thru Hagerty. Has been for almost 10 years.

My reason for choosing Grundy over Hagarty was the mileage limits.

What mileage limits? when I put Hagety on our model A they asked how many miles we expect to drive it a year. I said "1000 or so" and they didn't flinch. they don't want it to be a daily/primary driver, but other than that they didn't seem to care.

I also asked if there would be a problem with insuring the T I'm building. RPM was right. there only concern was to not have nitros, wheelie bars, or be raced etc.

Russ

Hagarty has a 2,500 mile limit, per year. Grundy has unlimited mileage.

I have never been asked for the mileage on any of my cars I have with Hagerty. They told me to have fun................

Maybe they have changed over the years then.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back