Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Insurance for a T

This is from Hagerty web site
Flexible Usage
Cars were made to be driven. So our policy allows for an occasional leisure drive, not just to parades or car events. We encourage limited pleasure use with no fixed mileage limits.

Limited pleasure????? That type of language is why i went with Grundys. With Grundys i get constant pleasure Ha Ha.

Occasional leisure drive? Sorry I'll stay with Grundy. Just my 2 cents.

I use Sneed, Robinson, and Gerber. They are great folks to work with and reasonable.

Jim

Limited pleasure????? That type of language is why i went with Grundys. With Grundys i get constant pleasure Ha Ha.

Not the beat the dead horse, but Grundy's langauge is not much different. They say : "Collector vehicles must be used for show, hobby, and pleasure purposes only" and "This policy authorizes unlimited hobby use of your collector vehicle in collector activities, exhibits and parades. While participating in these events, owners are free to enjoy their collector vehicle without monitoring the odometer." What if you are not at these 'events'? I think they are both saying (and do say) that this insurance coverage is not for your daily driver, but there are no mileage limitations for non daily-driver usage.

When I first called Hagerty, I had just gotten the DMV to sign off on my ride and I needed to leave that day to get with the Hot Rod PowerTour. I told them this and I just sent them some info, a few pics and they gave me a free 30 day rider so I could leave immediately. They told me to have a blast. No concerns over my agreed value or anything. I'm sure Grundy is the same way.

I would like to hear some more experiences with individuals that have had claims with these companies. That is the true test...the rest is just cheap talk. I'd much rather pay a little more now and know that when I have a claim, someone will take me seriously and take care of it. I don't use the cheapest car or home insurance for the same reason.

Not the beat the dead horse, but Grundy's langauge is not much different. They say : "Collector vehicles must be used for show, hobby, and pleasure purposes only" and "This policy authorizes unlimited hobby use of your collector vehicle in collector activities, exhibits and parades. While participating in these events, owners are free to enjoy their collector vehicle without monitoring the odometer." What if you are not at these 'events'? I think they are both saying (and do say) that this insurance coverage is not for your daily driver, but there are no mileage limitations for non daily-driver usage.

When I first called Hagerty, I had just gotten the DMV to sign off on my ride and I needed to leave that day to get with the Hot Rod PowerTour. I told them this and I just sent them some info, a few pics and they gave me a free 30 day rider so I could leave immediately. They told me to have a blast. No concerns over my agreed value or anything. I'm sure Grundy is the same way.

I would like to hear some more experiences with individuals that have had claims with these companies. That is the true test...the rest is just cheap talk. I'd much rather pay a little more now and know that when I have a claim, someone will take me seriously and take care of it. I don't use the cheapest car or home insurance for the same reason.
Ben T go back to the first page of this thread for my story about Hagerty.......

I just bought my bucket the end of last year and went to my Allstate agent and found out that they could get Hagerty insurance for me a lot cheaper. Bud

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back