Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Interested in checking out others interiors

Rattee

Wondering what everyone is doing for interiors I’m not a cookie cutter kinda guy. Can you guys post your interior photos please?

No pics but I customized a Chrysler minivan third row seat. It was almost perfect but required re arching the back and narrowing slightly. The re arching wasn’t necessary except I was trying to gain every possible millimeter between the pedals and seat for me to fit, so making it fit into the tub gained space. If I was to attempt another T build, it would not be a 23 standard cab, it would be something with a larger cabin. I will have painted hard surfaces on the door panels, dash, and tub interior, likely bed liner on the floor with mats. I put my effort into the controls: steering, shifter, pedals, tilt/telescope column to make it possible to have a driver door, comfortable seat, instrumentation, etc. leather seat cover. Trying to make the controls comfortable and functional and creating some storage was actually quite a feat. I wanted it to be finished but utilitarian and easy to maintain.

First, I coated my floor, transmission hump, body sides and firewall with truck bed liner. Then I covered everything with non-woven carpet-like material used to cover speaker enclosures and glued it down using flooring adhesive. The seats are fiberglass Speedway sportsman buckets with the seat covers they sell. It's simple but looks OK and very inexpensive. (Sorry for the dirt; it needs vacuuming!)

Attachments

• Interior.jpg
    Interior.jpg
    484 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
I think I’m going to coat the floor with bed liner as it seems like a good water tight idea. I’m also going to do the underside of the floor as well. Did any guys here do a Carson top?

Attachments

• IMG_0332.jpeg
    IMG_0332.jpeg
    119 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_0323.jpeg
    IMG_0323.jpeg
    119.9 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_0321.jpeg
    IMG_0321.jpeg
    166.6 KB · Views: 23
With mine the seat back is flat but I have space back there for storage. I have a full set of wrenches, some wiring and connectors, a tarp, bungee cords and a couple of ponchos. Under the seat is the fuse panel, phone charger outlet, a quart of oil and trans fluid, a pouch with sun block, notebook, pen, marker, tape, insurance card, a small first aid kit and access panels to the battery and master cylinder. The dash is removeable to make access to wiring, gauges and windshield post bolts a lot easier. The most important thing I did was to make a little support pad to set my heel in for the gas pedal. That was the most comfortable thing I did on this car. The nice thing about not being a cookie cutter guy is the fact that whatever your mind can come up with is good.

Attachments

• 88177385_3083278178363216_4059670471921106944_n.jpg
    88177385_3083278178363216_4059670471921106944_n.jpg
    654.7 KB · Views: 13
OK, I gotta respond since I've been absent for so long. Here's my interior:seat_divider.JPG
Those are office chairs! Sams Club, $80 each. Leave off the bases and arms. Very comfortable. Rest of cockpit is truck bed liner, waterproof, skid resistant, and tough. And cheap too. I made the seat divider out of scraps, to keep from sliding about.

OK, I gotta respond since I've been absent for so long. Here's my interior:View attachment 25102
Those are office chairs! Sams Club, $80 each. Leave off the bases and arms. Very comfortable. Rest of cockpit is truck bed liner, waterproof, skid resistant, and tough. And cheap too. I made the seat divider out of scraps, to keep from sliding about.
I like the “outside of the box” thinking. It looks good too. Glad to see you posting again!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back