Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

INTRODUCTION........

BERNIESWELDING

hello all,

i am BERNIE WILHELM from spokane, washington. i have been in the welding trade for over 30 yrs. i have a web site at www.bernieswelding.net , more information can be found about me at www.tbucketplans.com/2011/03/04/storage-wars-meets-t-bucket-c-cab-history/ very interesting story and completely true. i not only have the DAN WOODS mold but i have the opposing coilspring front suspension to go with it. i learned my trade as an apprentice at LONG BEACH NAVAL SHIPYARD, in long beach calif. i worked for the navy till janurary of 1986 when LOS ANGLES UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRIC made me an offer i could not refuse to teach welding and certify welders for the CITY of LOS ANGLES building department for structural certifications under AWS-D1.1 structural steel welding code. i enjoy building hotrods and other things. i have a small machine shop for fabrication of things.

this is what i do now that i am retired.

every day is a play day.

welcome home to all VIET-NAM VETERANS.

Welcome Bernie, sounds like we will be getting a wealth of knowledge from someone who knows how to enjoy life.

Welcome to the site Bernie! Ain't retirement great? I play in my shop every day now. I always liked the look of the Woods C-cab. Are you going to offer them now?

Ron

to start off with,

yes i am going to be producing bodies from my mold, the major part of the equation to this is the cost factor. because i don't do fiberglass i have to find someone that dose, and so far i have been quoted $3,000.00 just to do one body. i am curently seeking hands on partners to be involved with this in order to make things more wallet friendly. especially in this current economy. as far as the front suspension and a frame to go with it that i do have a certain amount of control over. the key to the front suspension is performing the assembly right the first time.

so to answer all questions about the DAN WOODS C CAB PROJECT, yes bodies and chassis will be available. stay tuned for updates, SAME BAT TIME, AND THE SAME BAT CHANNEL.

i have tried to contact some businesses and i have also tried to contact stacy david that dose the gearzs show on the speed channel and i also contacted chip foose and a couple of others and so far no response. i have a sneeking suspision that even if it were offered free of charge there would be no takers. i have even tried to contact the editors of a couple of the popular car magazines and i even contacted the folks at good guys and they told me all they publish is awarw winners. so far it comes down to how deep your pockets are and how much is spent to have someone hand the owner an award winning finished product and the owner says look what i have and / or look what i did.

Welcome Bernie :tip: looking forward to seeing your project.

i have tried to contact some businesses and i have also tried to contact stacy david that dose the gearzs show on the speed channel and i also contacted chip foose and a couple of others and so far no response. i have a sneeking suspision that even if it were offered free of charge there would be no takers. i have even tried to contact the editors of a couple of the popular car magazines and i even contacted the folks at good guys and they told me all they publish is awarw winners. so far it comes down to how deep your pockets are and how much is spent to have someone hand the owner an award winning finished product and the owner says look what i have and / or look what i did.

I kinda agree like big racing it is all about big money anymore. Rarely any newcomers in the sports anymore.

as i was just on your web page before scroling down, my bad. what type of glass is used to make the bodies ie chopped or hand laid sheets or ?, maybe someone from the board could help you to figure out how to achieve this.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back