Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

It's a Snap Wiring Harness???

engine24355

Hey guys. This is not related to a Bucket, but I could use your help. Anyone have any experience with the It's a Snap harness? I have one in my 50 Ford Deluxe that was installed before I bought the car. As I get into the car and get familiar with how the car was built I am struggling with how this harness is put together. Specifically, the fuse box. It seems like it is in two parts...one part mounted to the firewall, and the actual fuse block connected to the mounting bracket. How does the actual fuse box clip or attach to the mounting base? Or, does it even come apart? Trying to familiarize myself so I can add various power accessories in the future. I have tried to contact the company with no luck...no answer / disconnects and no website. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!

Oh Boy- May God help you. This is the worst kit I have EVER seen. I've written many times about the short wires, poor customer service,( couldn't even get a certain wire to replace one until the boat came in from India. I gave some of it to Thomas. He DID salvage half of it. Run

I bought one of these harnesses for an old '54 Pontiac project. I sold the car but kept the harness for some reason. I don't think I'll ever use it, just to keep the bucket from becoming a giant wienee roast.

Used one in the 32 no problems. I do not rember the box being in two pieces or coming apart. I am sure I have some paper work I probably could scan and send to you if needed. I assume you know TPI gauges and it's a snap wiring harness are out of business. I also have TPI gauges and have had no problem up until this year and I have a msg on odometer screen I cannot get off. You know it really pisses me off as a hot rodder I am trying to simplify a back to basics car and companies think they have to gadget everything up to sell it. Could not have just an odmeter you have to have something to tell you to change oil or a maximum speed warning. Just B.S. to break and tear up.

Thanks for the information guys! I think I have it figured out, but would like a copy of any instructions if you have them guilld.

Just a quick note for anyone who is looking to put a new harness in. I was really impressed with Rebel Wire in TN. They were very helpful and service minded when I called to research other options. They took the time to answer all my questions even though I was not ready to buy a kit from them. Will go there if I decide to replace.

I have scanned the "It's a Snap" wiring harness install manual. I am going to try and attach it to this post. If that does not work "engine 24355" you will just have to email me and I can attach . Well I cannot do it I get the msg file too large.

I have scanned the "It's a Snap" wiring harness install manual. I am going to try and attach it to this post. If that does not work "engine 24355" you will just have to email me and I can attach . Well I cannot do it I get the msg file too large.

Sent a message to you guilld. Thanks!!

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back