Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Just another sockpuppet

Hey boss, can I respectfully request that you lock this so folks will stop poking sharp objects into that sore that won't heal?

You won't see me post much, unless I truly have something to say or my warped sense-of-humor gets the best of me... quality over quantity, I hope.

Hey boss, can I respectfully request that you lock this so folks will stop poking sharp objects into that sore that won't heal?

You won't see me post much, unless I truly have something to say or my warped sense-of-humor gets the best of me... quality over quantity, I hope.

Nah, we're beyond that, this is now about Larry's powdercoat. :coffee:

We had -40 this last week on Thursday morning.

As a kid living in northern Wisconsin, further up Hwy 13 from Putz we had -57. That was back in the late 1940's or early 50's.

When I was in minng equipment they'd send me to British Columbia and Alberta in January where it would be -30 or colder with the wind blowing 40. WIn e'd spend 10 minutes on the equipment and 50 minutes in the truck drinking coffee and telling ethnic jokes.

In August I'd go to the copper mines south of Tuscon where it would be +120 at the bottom of the pit. We spend 10 minutes on the equipment and 50 minutes in the truck drinking Cool-aid and telling the same jokes, but about a different ethnic group.

We had -40 this last week on Thursday morning.

Yep, -50 winter in Wisconsin. BTDT in the 80's when first-gen TBI and weather that cold did not mix well.

GM's "fix" at the time was to place the vehicle in a heated structure overnight, change the oil and start 'er up. My employer graciously agreed to install a block heater after that episode and apologized to me when some of our other field guys had to replace engines because the started them up with a crankcase full of gas...

My company truck, and my personal car were GM TBI at the time and they were upset that I cold not go to work one day because both my rigs were down with the same problem.

Those were the days...

Dull and dreary here in the uk. Just about what it should be. The flowers are sprouting, the snow drops are out and the birds are fighting for use of my many bird boxes. Spring is on its way. Might be able to roll the bucket out of the garage for a bit of sun. Got to be careful though, with that pale complexion she now has.
Gerry

Dull and dreary here in the uk. Just about what it should be. The flowers are sprouting, the snow drops are out and the birds are fighting for use of my many bird boxes. Spring is on its way. Might be able to roll the bucket out of the garage for a bit of sun. Got to be careful though, with that pale complexion she now has.
Gerry

Yep, don't leave her out to long wouldn't want her burn. :jester: As for me, I'm going out on the bike today. Its a great day for a ride here.

Gerry
Does SP50 come in liter containers now? And how is it applied? With a roller or by spray?

P.S. Only gonna be 76* today. Oh well.

John
You really know how to hurt a person dont you??? 76* thats mild I think for your side of the world. God we've gone global now
G

I live north and west of Putz and have seen -54 .
The S-10 did not want to start till it got plugged in. The same night they had
All Time Official Low: February 2, 1996 -57°F
Embarrass MN

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back