Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Just another sockpuppet

Mike

Without belaboring the issue, I want to point out the desperation being displayed by the deckofficer/Tahoe. Apparently, he has decided he's not taking over the world quite as quickly as he had hoped, so he is now sending agent provocateurs to this site in yet another attempt to distort the truth and promote his own site.

Let's look at the truth, OK?

In THIS POST, the individual identifying himself as Ron/effectsman made some false comments and like it or not, we're going to set the record straight.

1. This individual claims to have read back through all of the old posts on the site and has discovered three people who have been banned in the last 12 months - leg show t, der Spieler and deckofficer.

FACT - Leg show t was banned from this site. I approached him and explained he was stepping outside the line and that if he was not able to remain within the rules and guidelines of this forum, he was going to lose his ability to participate on this site. In spite of the warning, he persisted with his inappropriate behavior and was banned.

FACT - In spite of this effectman's "careful" research of this forum and its content, his observation that der Spieler has been banned from this site is another falsehood. Anyone needing to verify that fact can see der Spieler's profile HERE. You can verify his usergroup by viewing der Spieler's most recent post, HERE. Members who have managed to get themselves banned from the site get their own badge of honor, as you can see in THIS POST, made by deckofficer, or in THIS POST, also made by deckofficer whilst hiding under a nom de plume.

FACT - Deckofficer was banned from this site. The forum rules clearly state, "Multiple user accounts on this site are prohibited and anyone registering with more than one account runs the risk of having all accounts deleted." I know deckofficer wanted people to think he had been banned, when he decided to slip in here under the Tahoe username, but that was a lie. I'll not expose his identity to anyone, but the first initial and surname in the e-mail addresses used to register the deckofficer and Tahoe user accounts are identical. In addition, the IP addresses used by both accounts were identical. That was evidence enough for me to ban both accounts. (Proof once again, if you give someone enough rope, they will quite happily hang themselves.)

FACT - Effectsman claims to have " figured out that of the 2500 members only about 50 are active." Sound familiar? Tahoe/deckofficer made a similar comment in THIS POST, claiming there are only "about 75 truly active members". Let's look at the total visitor count, not just members or active members. In 2009, we averaged 13,041 daily visitors to this site. In 2010, our numbers were down somewhat, with a daily average of only 12,819 daily visitors. As of midnight EST last night, our daily average for 2011 was at 14,577. Effectsman and deckofficer/Tahoe were merely trying to obfuscate the facts.

To effectsman and deckofficer/Tahoe, about all I can do is quote the Gentle Teacher - "Whoever can be trusted with very little can also be trusted with much, and whoever is dishonest with very little will also be dishonest with much." Luke 16:10, N.I.V.

(cont)

FACT - This site was established for T-Bucket lovers to come together and share thoughts, ideas and experiences with one another. I am sure there are those who feel improvements can be made to this site. If you have a reasonable suggestion, I encourage you to take the time to contact me and lay out your idea/s. If you've got a suggestion that we deem worthwhile, we'll certainly look into a way to implement it. Since effectsman so carefully researched all the previous posts on this site, he will be able to attest to the FACT that forum members asked for a photo gallery and we implemented it, the FACT that forum members wanted a Tech Library and we (painfully) implemented it, the FACT that forum members wanted a Members Map and we implemented it, the FACT that forum members wanted navigation links added to the bottom of each page and we implemented it. These are just a few examples of how we (and by that collective "we", I am referring to myself) have tried to provide what our members want.

This does not mean people are going to be able to waltz in here and start demanding changes be made to suit them. A couple members of another site registered here 2-3 years back and started demanding that I make this site just like another site they were making their unreasonable demands on. I refused and both of them decided that instead of trying to fit in with the other members here, they would both spit the dummy and start creating problems. Both of these individuals are now former members of this site.

deckofficer/Tahoe is an excellent example of how to remain part of the problem, rather than trying to be part of the solution. Instead of trying to help by coming up with reasonable suggestions on how to improve the site, he preferred to vent his spleen about my policy of not accepting personal checks. Instead of trying to pull the T-Bucket community closer together, he preferred to dilute it by opening a site he imagines is going to be some form of competition to the well-being of this site. Whose best interests does he really have in mind?

FACT - I cannot make everyone happy, not even some of the time. I am not going to set myself up for certain failure by trying to accomplish the impossible.

FACT - Everyone comes to this site of their own free will. I do not force anyone to visit this site.

FACT - I purposely do not participate on other T-Bucket sites, for one specific reason. I have never used the resources of other sites to promote this one to anyone. Nor will I ever stoop so low. I do not want other forum owners to get the perception I am trying to encourage their participating members and visitors to come here, because that is not how I operate. People like deckofficer/Tahoe and effectsman have no problem visiting my site and using my resources to promote deckoffer/Tahoe's new forum and I will not have anyone thinking I am that dishonorable. I would remind deckofficer/Tahoe and any of his sockpuppets that if I were to stoop to his disreputable level, I more than capable of creating mayhem on his site that he is quite incapable of repairing. To those operating as his eyes on this site, here is my IP address - 71.98.68.33. Copy that down and give it to him, with the challenge that he closely monitor his logs for any appearance of that IP address. Ever.

FACT - None of you were coerced in visiting this site. None of you were coerced in registering for a forum account. None of you have been coerced to participate on this site. And if you do not find this site to your liking, none of you will be coerced to ever visit this site again. Everyone is quite free to come and go as they will. Everyone is quite free to participate here or elsewhere, as they will. Everyone is welcome here, AS LONG AS THEY ARE WILLING TO CONDUCT THEMSELVES AS ADULTS AND WITHIN THE RULES AND GUIDELINES BY WHICH THIS ENTIRE FORUM AND ALL OF ITS MEMBERS ARE GOVERNED. If you feel this is asking too much of you, then you're not going to enjoy yourself on this site and you will be doing everyone a favor by moving on down the road.

FACT - When der Spieler wrongfully assumed his donations to this forum were somehow allowing him the right to talk down to other members of this site, I refunded all of his donations from that calendar year and removed his Supporting Member status. Hence his coy signature line about being a rejected contributor. Deckofficer/Tahoe, whilst skulking about under his Tahoe persona was sending Private Messages to our members, commenting that it "would have been a little more classy" on my part to have at least refunded his last financial contributions. On 28 January 2011, I sent deckofficer/Tahoe an e-mail, explaining (in part) that the Donation Tracker logs went back to 10 November 2009 and that his name failed to appear in those logs. I went on to explain if he could provide me with evidence of his last financial contributions, I would gladly refund his money to him. I await his reply.

I've made a change to the Forum Rules, effective immediately - "Links to offensive or competitive sites will be removed at the sole discretion of the T-Bucket Forums staff members." Now, I trust that you will understand that if you are offering a link to worthwhile content on another site, that will be allowed. i do not have a problem with those kinds of links. But you will also need to understand that merely dropping a link to deckofficer/Tahoe's new forum as bait will be seen as bait and will lead to that link being removed and you will be warned about it. Call it whatever you like, but in my house, you're expected to play by my rules.

I hope I've clarified my position in all this. I am not going to play childish games with deckofficer/Tahoe or any of his agent provocateurs. If you don't like my position in this matter, I wish you blue skies and safe roads and hope our paths will cross again. If you are under the assumption I have some need to put up with these jokers and others of their ilk, you are in error. I'm here to provide members, guests and visitors with a robust forum experience, not to wipe snotty noses and change dirty nappies.

The nonsense ends, right here and right now. I'm going back to operating this forum in the best manner I know. I'll leave each one of you to make your own decisions as to how you will proceed from here.

Before considering a reply to this topic, ask yourself this question - do I really want to piss Mike off any further, by continuing to remind him of whiners and posers? Think carefully. You have been forewarned.

I don't understand all of that. I just know I really like this site and love "T" Buckets.

I don't think it's a secret to anyone that I was against Bobs "dismissal" during the first rounds of this saga, but from the very first post from effectsman I had a gut feeling that said there was a rat in that woodpile somewhere, and things were about to go downhill very rapidly. I had hoped I was wrong, but apparantly not. it's never been easy for me to admit when I'm wrong, but I certainly admit it now. sad to say, I was VERY wrong about Bob. too bad. I do believe in second chances, but third fourth and fifth chances tend to overtax even my forgiveness level. My apology to you Mike, for doubting your wisdom in the first place. Russ

I don't think it's a secret to anyone that I was against Bobs "dismissal" during the first rounds of this saga, but from the very first post from effectsman I had a gut feeling that said there was a rat in that woodpile somewhere, and things were about to go downhill very rapidly. I had hoped I was wrong, but apparantly not. it's never been easy for me to admit when I'm wrong, but I certainly admit it now. sad to say, I was VERY wrong about Bob. too bad. I do believe in second chances, but third fourth and fifth chances tend to overtax even my forgiveness level. My apology to you Mike, for doubting your wisdom in the first place. Russ
I love this site,These are some of the best people that I have ever talked to.I would not have a bucket without all of you
I hope to see a lot of you at Mountain Home thi year. Thanks to all of you

I don't think I've been on this site long enough to humbly have too much of an opinion. What I can say, if Bob was an officer in real life in any branch of the military, he respectfully needs to act like one.

I too smelled a rat, but my better judgement made me just quietly sit back and see how this played out. I really like this site and the good folks that post here. As with anything, a few bad apples try to spoil the bunch...good thing we have Mike to take care of it. Like Mike has repeatedly said, if you want to play elsewhere, do so. Just don't try to ruin or upset what the rest of us are doing here.

With that being said, Mike please don't think like the rest of us are in the same boat as the offenders...we appreciate the time, effort and patience that you put into this forum for little more than a few pats on the back everyonce in a while. Next time up up in Lafayette, I'll buy the beers! :toast:

Mike,

It appears you're still doing all the work so as I see it, you still get to make the rules. Keep doing what you're doing!

George

...if Bob was an officer in real life in any branch of the military...

He said once he was in the merchant marines.

Mike, i think you're doing a good job. And i agree, it's your forum and your rules.

...if Bob was an officer in real life in any branch of the military...

He said once he was in the merchant marines.

Mike, i think you're doing a good job. And i agree, it's your forum and your rules.

Just one question: If someone has a question about another type of vehicle like a truck, hot rod or rat rod is it okay to post a link to that site?

Just one question: If someone has a question about another type of vehicle like a truck, hot rod or rat rod is it okay to post a link to that site?
As I mentioned earlier, if you're adding a link to round out the content of a message, I've absolutely no problem with that at all. If you're just link-dropping, trying to improve traffic to another site, then you've crossed over the line. And I want people to think about that before they post links back to this site on external sites. If you think you're adding valued content with a backlink, then it can be a good thing. If you're just spamming another site, well, nobody likes spammers.

@benT - I realize this is a great group of people. The actions of one person certainly doesn't stain the rest of you in any way.

@Ted - Deckofficer/Tahoe was never really happy here. He and this site were just not a good fit for one another. Maybe he's determined to cause me as much trouble as he can because I could see that when he couldn't. I really don't know. What I do know is that his willingness to continue trying to disrupt the normal activities on this site prove who he really is and what he's really on about. He was upset I was not going to allow him to dictate how this site was operated, so he's gone on to operate his own site. I wish him the best of luck with his new venture, because he'll soon find things are not quite as easy as he imagined them to be.

@Russ - No apology necessary. He had a lot of people fooled with his act. I know there were a lot of people who were sorry to see him go. I was not one of them, nor was I alone. For every person who has commented about how they were sorry to see him go, I've an off-setting complaint about him in my files. People come and people go. As I keep reminding people, this is not my first day on the beach. I've pretty much seen it all, in the three decades I've been doing this stuff. I've seen people join a site, submit some really great posts and then clam up. I've seen people submit some really great posts and then vanish. I've seen people develop into the backbone of a forum and then suddenly snap, alienating everyone they come into contact with. I've been involved with so many of these sites, there's pretty much nothing new under the sun.

OK. I thought I was rid of deckofficer/Tahoe and his ego, several days back. Then his agent provocateur had to rear his ugly head. But that's all behind us, so let's leave it there, OK? This is a new day and this is a T-Bucket forum, so let's move forward, discussing topics we enjoy.

If anyone is in need of some wintry weather, it is all of -8° F / -22° C here this morning. Today is the day rubbish is collected and I'm here to tell you, it didn't take me very long to roll the wheelie bin to the curb. Brrrrr...

"leave it there. OK?"

Works for me. The only drama I want is on TV. And then only sparingly!
Illegitimi non carborundum (not a pure literal translation but it gets the point across)

-8F / -22C ??? YIPE!
It was just at the freezing mark this morning that was too much for me.
But since I don't have heat in the garage, that's bad enough. No small wonder I've been sick as a dog, I guess.

If anyone is in need of some wintry weather, it is all of -8° F / -22° C here this morning. Today is the day rubbish is collected and I'm here to tell you, it didn't take me very long to roll the wheelie bin to the curb. Brrrrr...

And I thought it was cold here, mid 60's today. :jester: Stay warm there.

I have all you monkeys beat . This morning in Tulsa oklahoma it was 17 deg below NO wind chill this was the actual air temp. 50 miles north in bartlesville this morning it was 27 below air temp not wind chill smashed the old record of 3 below 75 years ago. We actually had Lake effect snow . It was colder than a well digger butt.

Scary!!-----frightening!!?--who000-- Who'd

I have all you monkeys beat . This morning in Tulsa oklahoma it was 17 deg below NO wind chill this was the actual air temp. 50 miles north in bartlesville this morning it was 27 below air temp not wind chill smashed the old record of 3 below 75 years ago. We actually had Lake effect snow . It was colder than a well digger butt.
[/quote]

...this is a T-Bucket forum, so let's move forward, discussing topics we enjoy.

Okie dokie. I got my T-Bucket frame back from the powder coater and started putting it back together today.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back