Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Just bought my first T project

dwsatt21

Hello,

Like the title says, I just bought my first T bucket project. I'm in western PA and Im sure I will be looking for some advice here and there.

Thanks in Advance,
Doug

Unfortunately you have joined this forum during a time of great upheaval. The owner of the site has just died leaving no instructions on how the site will be run or maintained. There is a question on how long the site will be up.
The forum members will try to answer any questions you might have but understand the ongoing, changing situation.

John

Oh Geez. Well hopefully I can get some help on how to mount this corvette rear that came with mine. I've been searching a bit but have not come up with any solid How Tos yet.

Oh Geez. Well hopefully I can get some help on how to mount this corvette rear that came with mine. I've been searching a bit but have not come up with any solid How Tos yet.

Doug,

There is a forum member here that use to build installation kits to do exactly what you were wanting. His name is George Barns and goes by GAB. Maybe he will see this and come visit. If he does I doubt you will be disappointing! You might do a forum search as he has posted on this subject before. Good luck with your project.

George

Here is a pic of what I used to make for mounting '63-'79 Corvette rears in primarily '32-'48 Fords and other universal applications. It was not well suited for buckets as the frame is narrow as compared to the later models.

[URL=http://smg.photobucket.com/user/gbarnes/media/Lo-BoyUnit_zpsae49a7fe.jpg.html][/URL]

I also made kits for the '80-'83 aluminum rears but don't have any pictures anymore. The later '85 rear is just too wide to be practical for hot rod use. I did one for a '32 coupe that I had to narrow 14".

Which rear do you have? Is it a complete unit? Do you want to use as much of the stock parts as possible?

The best way to go about mounting the rear end is to remove the cross leaf spring and it can be tuned for ride height and harshness after fabricating the mounting parts. What I did then is to remove the halfshafts and replace them with solid dummy shafts. This make the rear a solid unit to work with when positioning the unit in relation to the frame.

My Parkinson's is making typing with any accuracy and speed a bit challenging. I'll quit for now.

I was told my rear is an '84 so maybe I should just stick with the straight axle that's in it now... Hmm
If I do use it, I don't really have a preference as to how much of the stock parts I use.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back