Ron Pope Motorsports                California Custom Roadsters               

Just wondering and vacation

Ted Brown

Tried to tell my Wife over the phone the other Day how to turn off a water sprinkler valve...
Turning off a water hose at the faucet or any faucet for that matter... My Wife does not get the drift of turning a faucet to either the on or off position, because she is not mechanically inclined, at all!! and all of our home faucets just have levers, no turning left or right of seperate knobs....
I was thinking in this case, I now wonder how she can drive a car correctly, without any real understanding of how things work... She knows there is a key, and it goes into that slot, turn to the right (here right starts the engine, how then can it turn the water off?? this works totally backwards:( ) and the engine starts, hopefully :) 2 pedals on the floor, one go the other stop, just press on them to make it happen, how?? who knows??? and who cares? she asks... Drives me crazy...

I just hope there are no fellows that are this far away from knowing how things work and are still trying to build a complete car!!?? I myself, would have someone who knows do all the important stuff, like everything but installing the radiator cap, well that may not be a good example, how about cleaning the windshield!
NEVER drive faster than your Angel can fly... Ted Brown Chassis
PS, I am headed off to Prescott, AZ to see my Son and his new Gal... Will be gone for about two weeks, so do not look for any of my sugar coated comments after Thursday :) Have fun, check on you when I return...

Ted have You ever let her drive your bucket?

Tried to tell my Wife over the phone the other Day how to turn off a water sprinkler valve...
Turning off a water hose at the faucet or any faucet for that matter... My Wife does not get the drift of turning a faucet to either the on or off position, because she is not mechanically inclined, at all!! and all of our home faucets just have levers, no turning left or right of seperate knobs....
I was thinking in this case, I now wonder how she can drive a car correctly, without any real understanding of how things work... She knows there is a key, and it goes into that slot, turn to the right (here right starts the engine, how then can it turn the water off?? this works totally backwards:( ) and the engine starts, hopefully :) 2 pedals on the floor, one go the other stop, just press on them to make it happen, how?? who knows??? and who cares? she asks... Drives me crazy...

I just hope there are no fellows that are this far away from knowing how things work and are still trying to build a complete car!!?? I myself, would have someone who knows do all the important stuff, like everything but installing the radiator cap, well that may not be a good example, how about cleaning the windshield!
NEVER drive faster than your Angel can fly... Ted Brown Chassis
PS, I am headed off to Prescott, AZ to see my Son and his new Gal... Will be gone for about two weeks, so do not look for any of my sugar coated comments after Thursday :) Have fun, check on you when I return...

Im ahead of you there. When the engine management light came on in the wifes XFire she called me straight away and asked if it was OK to drive it. She also notices different noises and tells me about them. result is i get to drive it hard to find out what the problem is. The worlds a beautiful thing sometimes. Bonus is she costs less money to run as the fixes are caught early
gerry

Here's a good one for you. I helped my grandson buy a car sometime back and the mileage sticker noted that it was ready for an oil change, so I asked a few days later if he had changed the oil. He said the oil light had not come on yet. He lives with me now and I hope I am educating him a little more than his dad did (my ex son in law).

Those things are funny and scary. My two brother in laws are in the same class. One put air shocks on his car, when they were popular. The instructions said to not exceed 45 lbs air pressure. He said, he had to 2 shocks, so 2 times 45 is 90 lbs. Next set of shocks. My other one wanted me to work on his riding mower. A pulley had worn out, after several years of use. I commented he was getting good service out of it, when he told me, yeah I never have had to add any oil. Beam me up Scotty!!!

My wife called me a few years ago when she got her new firebird. I was in Okla city and the check engine light came on . She ask me what could that be and is it ok to drive it . I said " Oh its probably just the muffler bearing i will look at it when i get home . In the meantime she took it down the the auto repair shop down town . She with a straight face told the guy behind the counter that Her husband was sure it was the Muffler bearing. The guy behind the counter busted out laughing and told her that i was having some fun with her checked the car replaced the O2 Sensor and off she went. When i got home the warden handed down the sentence. I cant say what it was .

Hey Rooster57 sounds like you have been married for awhile. She listened to your opinion and then went to a professional!

Mine told me just because she listened to what I have to say doesn't mean she has to do it! If I don't do what the Warden says then I'm in big trouble.

I swear this is true, and happened within the last 6 months, My wife calls and says the car will not unlock, she pushes the button on the Fob and nothing happens - My Comment was " Ahh, try the key to unlock the door.
On Valves, I told her - Right-ie Tight-ie , Lefty Loose-ie. Or Clockwise and counterclockwise - Forget it - she just stares at me like I am speaking a foreign Language. But, she likes Cars, Car rallies and shows, and understands the need to buy the next project. She made me buy a 1930 Ford Model A Coupe with the rumble seat about 3 months ago. She is a keeper for sure.

Ron Pope Motorsports                Advertise with Us!     
Back